Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

Thorkull

Old March 24th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Just started playing with Realm Works for the first time, and I noticed an issue with Player Preview.

I have 3 monitors configured as a single 5460x1080 desktop. When I use Player Preview, it shows a wide, narrow window with a tiny bit of content that is so small as to be illegible:

I'd like to be able to view this at a more normal scale, and while it's possible to "Change the monitor on which the Player Window is shown," my system (thanks to AMD Catalyst and Eyefinity) thinks it only has one, huge, monitor. I'd like to be able to resize the virtual desktop that shows up when you click "Player Preview". Either that, or set up a "virtual monitor" at a chosen resolution.
Thorkull is offline   #1
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2014, 06:31 AM
I don't expect we will have time to address this in the near future as it would require us to add very specialized code to detect that the display driver is lying to Windows and presenting three monitors as a single one. We currently only query Windows as to what monitors it has and use the information reported back from there.

You may be better off setting up your system as three monitors instead of one giant desktop. If you did that, Realm Works should then give you the choice of monitors available.

Once you have made that change, several pieces go into the player view. There is the Player Preview tab (what you show in the screen shot above) that is intended for GM control which shows things scaled down to allow positioning and showing/hiding to the players as well as several other items of control. There is then a separate Player Window which is to be shown to the players and will show things at full scale which would be shown taking up the full size of a given monitor.
davidp is offline   #2
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old March 25th, 2014, 11:20 PM
I'd like to be able to scale text, like I do with images in the player view

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #3
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 26th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkelf007 View Post
I'd like to be able to scale text, like I do with images in the player view
Yes please!!!!

My players are not young and trying to read 12 point text from 5 feet away is just not possible. So currently other than Maps and Images the Player View does not get used.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4