Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old December 20th, 2021, 10:16 PM
Wow, I have not been on these forums for a long time. On a whim, I dediced to check it out. So glad I did. I have a VM of a Windows 11 machine running in Parallels on my MacBook Pro with RealmWorks Installed so that I can access content in it from time to time, even though I rarely use RealmWorks any more.

I'm going to have fun testing this over the weekend.

Any issues with this module and the recent release of Foundry v 9?

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #171 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 21st, 2021, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Wow, I have not been on these forums for a long time. On a whim, I dediced to check it out. So glad I did. I have a VM of a Windows 11 machine running in Parallels on my MacBook Pro with RealmWorks Installed so that I can access content in it from time to time, even though I rarely use RealmWorks any more.

Hey stranger.
If you are looking for Farling... or... well most of the old RW users... we have moved.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/obsidianttrpgusers/
or
https://discord.com/invite/veuWUTm (find the #tabletop-games channel)

Farling is very very active in these circles currently.
As are a heap of old faces.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #172 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 22nd, 2021, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post

I did a quick test and it is still working properly.

It doesn't touch the changes that were made in v9 - even the now-three separate plugins are still working properly (and have more downloads than just the RW->Foundry integration module).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #173 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old January 24th, 2022, 02:56 PM
Hey, thanks for the image conversion to .webp - worked great!
My realmworksimport folder, where the images are stored, went from 850MB to 150MB! This will most certainly have an impact on my player's loading times!

One more question though: the "Only import new topics" and "Overwrite previously imported things" options probably only work if the imported stuff stays in the Realm Works Import folder, right?

Find my stuff on

_|_ F i c t i o n a l m a p s . c o m _|_ D r i v e t h r u R P G _|_

Last edited by Merion; January 24th, 2022 at 03:06 PM.
Merion is offline   #174 Reply With Quote
PAtman21967

Old January 26th, 2022, 03:38 AM
It seems when I import a .por file, none of the equipment is in the right place. I notice weapons , armor and stuff are in the miscellaneous tab and I cannot get them equipped in the right place. Perhaps I am doing something wrong
PAtman21967 is offline   #175 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 26th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
One more question though: the "Only import new topics" and "Overwrite previously imported things" options probably only work if the imported stuff stays in the Realm Works Import folder, right?
Those two options will work correctly regardless of where the journal entries exist. It uses the realm works UUID to match the realm works entry to the correct journal entry in Foundry - so even a change of name is tracked properly (or at least, it should work for topics whose names have changed).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #176 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 26th, 2022, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAtman21967 View Post
It seems when I import a .por file, none of the equipment is in the right place. I notice weapons , armor and stuff are in the miscellaneous tab and I cannot get them equipped in the right place. Perhaps I am doing something wrong
If I could have a copy of the .por file, and the name of the game system, I could have a look at what is going wrong.

Farling

Farling is offline   #177 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 27th, 2022, 05:50 AM
Version 1.22 has some improvements to the PF1 Actor decoding.

It still isn't perfect, but it is getting closer - and is a lot quicker than manually entering everything into Foundry

PF-Traits and PF-Racial-Traits are now processed for Traits.
PF-Feats are now also checked for Feats.
PF-Magic Items are now processed properly again for magic items.
"Spells Memorized" will be added if there are no "Spells Known" in the Portfolio file.
Try to support trait names in the "Pathfinder 1e content" where the trait name has the book source appended to it.
Remove racial attribute bonuses from base attribute values (if race is found in a compendium).
KNOWN BUG: weapons and armour with special qualities are not detected (they are listed in the "Miscellaneous" section of the Inventory).
KNOWN BUG: Natural Armor AC is always copied into the "Natural Armor AC" of the Combat tab, even if it comes from a magic item.

Note that the "Pathfinder 1e content" module will provide a lot of more items than are in the SRD, but some of those items (like bracers of armor +6) are not set up to change your character stats.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; January 27th, 2022 at 08:12 AM.
Farling is offline   #178 Reply With Quote
Alcinwq

Old January 28th, 2022, 05:32 AM
Interesting information

Last edited by Alcinwq; January 31st, 2022 at 10:23 PM.
Alcinwq is offline   #179 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old January 30th, 2022, 06:44 PM
I found one more glitch. I tried to change the setting for "Location of Extracted Assets" from the default to a different folder (in this case Data/media/realmworksimport), and it ruined the import. Only 4 or 5 scenes made it in, and it didn't look like any journal entries made it in. (Lots of errors in the console naturally.) Worked fine in the default location.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #180 Reply With Quote