Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Conandar

Old April 20th, 2021, 03:16 PM
I am currently playing a Custom Lineage Divine Soul Sorcerer. I would like to take the Mind Sliver cantrip, but it is not listed as an option while selecting cantrips. I also created a standard human sorcerer, wizard and warlock, and the cantrip was not available to any of them. I have all 5e Sourcebooks selected for use except WGE. I also looked in the TGoE Spells file and see that the cantrip is there, but I fail at understanding how it is selected for use with any particular class. Is this an unresolved bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Conandar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 22nd, 2021, 08:15 AM
Looking at the pack, it looks like I made a mistake. None of the TCoE spells are set up for their proper classes. Sorry! I’m scratching my head as to how that happened, since I know they were programmed properly at one point. I’ll get a fix done soon and uploaded, and link to the fixed file so you don’t have to wait for the next pack release.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 22nd, 2021, 08:22 AM
Oooooh I figured out the issue. So the way the Tasha’s spells are presented, they’re part of the Class Feature Variants. That means you need to enable those features on your Hero before you use them. From the Configure Hero menu, find the Optional features section and check the box for “ Always show Tasha's Variants”. This will enable a tab for Tasha’s Variants. Select the Class Feature Variants option, then select the expanded sorcerer spell list. That will enable you to see Mind Sliver and any of the other new spells the sorcerer receives.

EDIT: I’m going to look into this a bit more. I’m wondering if we shouldn’t treat those spells the way you expected, the way we treated the XGTE spells, where you select the source and they’re automatically available in your spell list. I’m not at home right now so I can’t look at my copy of Tasha’s.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; April 22nd, 2021 at 09:23 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Conandar

Old April 22nd, 2021, 06:11 PM
Cool, thanks, I didn't think about the options tab. That did the trick!
Conandar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote