Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

WhiteUnggoy

Old April 6th, 2022, 03:13 PM
Hey all, I am going to start doing apocrypha bundle HL releases while continuing to work through handbooks. The plan is to put about 4 or 5 into a single data file, bundling by system first (Power/Might/Both) and by theme where possible (for example, all the alchemy focused apocrypha

WarStroke or anyone else: tell me what apocrypha you wanted to see, and that gives me a good place to start.
WhiteUnggoy is offline   #1191 Reply With Quote
catman123456

Old April 9th, 2022, 03:58 AM
well i vote for Alchemical Formulae and Alchemical Poisons 1 & 2
catman123456 is offline   #1192 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 10th, 2022, 06:58 AM
Not necessarily a bug, but the Technician is in Hero Lab, but doesn't have a book listed as the source... cannot search for Spheres of Might to find it.
I know the Inventions were previously (by IronGolem) mentioned as being an issue with the class.
It looks to be a neat class, but none of my players have ever wanted to play one, so our group at least doesn't feel like it is missing.

No real preference on anything until Spheres of Guile releases, then that would be my preference.

I really appreciate your creation of HL files for so many of these books.
I'll continue to support HL files, for as long as they're released.
Ualaa is offline   #1193 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old April 10th, 2022, 11:22 AM
I know it wasn't one of the options but i would still like to vote for Mythic Spheres of Power to be added
asvaldson is offline   #1194 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 11th, 2022, 05:19 PM
We used the Mythic Spheres of Power and the Mythic Spheres of Might in the last campaign.

There are some inconsistencies now, as Ultimate Spheres of Power has changed some of the stuff that Mythic Spheres of Power references.

Still, they were fun to play with and would be great additions.
Ualaa is offline   #1195 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old April 11th, 2022, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
We used the Mythic Spheres of Power and the Mythic Spheres of Might in the last campaign.

There are some inconsistencies now, as Ultimate Spheres of Power has changed some of the stuff that Mythic Spheres of Power references.

Still, they were fun to play with and would be great additions.
yeah I've noticed a little inconsistency myself, I just hate having to do characters by hand lol. My hand just doesn't write well anymore.
asvaldson is offline   #1196 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 18th, 2022, 05:21 PM
Mythic is fun.

Chances are, if it is Spheres and they make HL files available...
I'll pick them up.
Ualaa is offline   #1197 Reply With Quote
insaneblackninja

Old April 20th, 2022, 05:18 PM
Hey question for you, and I apologize if this has already been addressed! I started getting error messages and not being able to use SoP/SoM material a while back, and I just started trying to troubleshoot it. I have tried deleting all the files (including non-spheres 3rd party updates) and reinstalling them, reinstalling the Pathfinder data file entirely, and I upgraded to USoP and deleted all the basic SoP files and handbooks to see if there was any conflict there. So far, nothing has worked. The specific error message changes occasionally, but nothing lets it load.

Currently, I have Ultimate Spheres v1.42, Spheres of Might v1.20, Champions of the Spheres v1.5, and the Pathfinder Pack v1.20. The below is my current error message. When I try deleting the Pathfinder pack, the message changes but seems to be referencing things that are in that pack (it seems to be trying to find something from the Path of War, for instance). I can try to recreate that error and post the results if it would help.

Code:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBladeMagic' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
  -> Non-existent thing 'resSMCTGen' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrED' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrMA' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrMMk' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrMShf' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrMSoul' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrProd' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrVect' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpCombatTalent' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpCombatTalen2' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenBP' on line 1
  -> Tag 'Classes.SoMScholar' not defined
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenCR' on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenCS' on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenCW' on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenCWI' on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenFR' on line 1
Syntax error in 'bootstrap #1 condition' tag expression for Thing 'cChSpEmerStep'
  -> Tag 'Classes.SoMSent' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpExtraGadgets' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
  -> Non-existent thing 'cSoMGadgets' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpFocusedAssau' on line 1
  -> Tag 'HasAbility.cSoMRapidAssault' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpMentalManeuv' (Eval Script '#1') on line 4
  -> Non-existent thing 'resSMCTBrute' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpSpellbreaker' on line 1
  -> Tag 'Classes.SoMArmiger' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpStyleTalent' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpTradTinker' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cfgChSpReanTrain' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
  -> Non-existent thing 'SoMCTAdpt' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fChSpUnarmMaster' on line 1
  -> Tag 'HasAbility.somTlUnarmoredTr' not defined
insaneblackninja is offline   #1198 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old June 12th, 2022, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneblackninja View Post
Hey question for you, and I apologize if this has already been addressed! I started getting error messages and not being able to use SoP/SoM material a while back, and I just started trying to troubleshoot it. I have tried deleting all the files (including non-spheres 3rd party updates) and reinstalling them, reinstalling the Pathfinder data file entirely, and I upgraded to USoP and deleted all the basic SoP files and handbooks to see if there was any conflict there. So far, nothing has worked. The specific error message changes occasionally, but nothing lets it load.

Currently, I have Ultimate Spheres v1.42, Spheres of Might v1.20, Champions of the Spheres v1.5, and the Pathfinder Pack v1.20. The below is my current error message. When I try deleting the Pathfinder pack, the message changes but seems to be referencing things that are in that pack (it seems to be trying to find something from the Path of War, for instance). I can try to recreate that error and post the results if it would help.

Code:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBladeMagic' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrED' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrMA' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrMMk' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrMShf' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrMSoul' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrProd' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpBlendTrVect' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpCombatTalent' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpCombatTalen2' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenBP' on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenCR' on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenCS' on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenCW' on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenCWI' on line 1
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpCraftGenFR' on line 1
Syntax error in 'bootstrap #1 condition' tag expression for Thing 'cChSpEmerStep'
  -> Tag 'Classes.SoMSent' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpExtraGadgets' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpFocusedAssau' on line 1
  -> Tag 'HasAbility.cSoMRapidAssault' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpMentalManeuv' (Eval Script '#1') on line 4
  -> Non-existent thing 'resSMCTBrute' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cChSpSpellbreaker' on line 1
  -> Tag 'Classes.SoMArmiger' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpStyleTalent' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cChSpTradTinker' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cfgChSpReanTrain' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
  -> Non-existent thing 'SoMCTAdpt' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fChSpUnarmMaster' on line 1
  -> Tag 'HasAbility.somTlUnarmoredTr' not defined
Looks like no one has responded to this message. I don't know an actual fix for this issue, though in the past when I have received similar messages I would completely delete the game system. re-create it. and reinstall the different packs seperately. I would install the Pathfinder Pack, then load up HL to ensure it works, the USoP, test and then SoM etc. I find it can be faster and less headache to just tear it all out and start from scratch instead of worrying about fixing a coding issue.
asvaldson is offline   #1199 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old June 12th, 2022, 10:25 AM
Delete everything sphere related and reinstall.

I think it wanted:
a) Pathfinder Pack
b) either Ultimate Spheres or Spheres of Might
c) the other, if you have both
d) Champions of the Spheres last, if you have it.

The date tag is off, and when I reinstall them it starts fine.
Then when I restart Hero Lab it tells me there is an update, but that update is the current version I have.
I can update to it, and it says there is an update.
I can do that infinite times.
But can also click No Don't Update.
And load HL and run it fine.
Ualaa is offline   #1200 Reply With Quote