Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Dr.Chandra

Old February 12th, 2022, 12:22 PM
I am a long-time lurker on this forum, usually I can find what I need here or on the GitHub. Until now. I am working on a race for a homebrew setting that has the following ability:

"Beginning at 5th level you gain the ability to cast your choice of either Calm Emotions or Suggestion once per long rest."

Here's what I did:

1) Created a Racial Special called "Fellowship" with the field trkMax = 1 and the following tags:
Group Id: FeatureTyp, Tag Id: Special
Group Id: Usage, Tag Id: LongRest
Group Id: Helper, Tag Id: ShowSpec

2) Bootstrapped the two spells to it with the following tags:
Group Id: ChargeUse, Tag Id: 1
Group Id: Helper, Tag Id: RaceSpell
Group Id: Usage, Tag Id: Charges

3) Bootstrapped "Fellowship" to the race with the following condition:
Phase: First, Priority 2500
Tag Expression: hero#Classes.? >=5

What I'd like to happen is for both spells to show up in the spell list with 1 charge. Then when the increment button is clicked for either one, both go to 1/1 and the button gets grayed out. What happens instead is that when the button is clicked, the number of charges for that spell increases (1/2, 2/3, etc.) but the number of charges for the other spell isn't affected. I cannot figure out what is going wrong here, it seems like a simple task so I'm hoping there is a simple answer. Any help is much appreciated!
Dr.Chandra is offline   #1 Reply With Quote