Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DwarvenWiz

Old July 1st, 2021, 05:31 PM
We haven't used Hero Lab in a few years but a friend is going to start a Pathfinder 1st edition game and we figured we'd like to use it again.

When we first started using Hero Lab ~2014, we didn't really understand licenses and so my wife and I each bought a full license. We activated the secondary licenses and I think my wife may have bought another account under her email as well a few years later when we switched to 5e from 3.5. In any event, my account has 2 license codes and hers has 4. This also means that when we started playing 5e, we each bought a 5e license on our accounts.

We hadn't converted any of our classic licenses until today when I started trying to figure out how to do this. I went ahead and associated the 2 licenses I have with my account so they are now showing under 'classic' licenses.

After doing this, I realized that if my wife also adds her 4 license codes to a 'classic' license under her account, we'll have to buy 2 copies of the pathfinder 1st edition SRD, etc...

So what I'm trying to understand, and I apologize for the scrambled nature of my post, is can we just associate her remaining 4 license codes with my account? Is there any limitation I'm missing on this? Wouldn't that allow us to avoid the duplicate purchasing we did for 5th edition and let us just share the Pathfinder SRD since we're in the same house and all? Or am I missing something where we both wouldn't be able to use the software at the same time or something.

Thank you for the help.
DwarvenWiz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote