Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

quistar

Old June 18th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Sounds great. Thanks for the information, I'll try to make good use of it in the future.

I took out the rendering and it MOSTLY worked. The only thing left to fix is on the special tab. It shows two different Spell Resistance blocks. The first one reads:

Spell Resistance (19)
You have spell resistance.

The second reads:

Spell Resistance (Ex) (Hallowed Witch)
Spell Resistance

- Andrew <:-(}
quistar is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 18th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Ah, never mind. I figured it out. I had set "Extraordinary Ability" for the Ability Classification. There was a checkbox above it for "Do not show on Specials tab." Once I checked that and tested it the second box went away.

quistar is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 18th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Good job!
Aaron is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 18th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Here's one I can't figure out. It's a class feature for a class that requires both arcane and divine caster level ability, similar to the Mystic Theurge. Unlike the Theurge, however, it doesn't give new spells. Each level of the pclass adds one effective caster level to both the existing divine and arcane classes, but only for purposes of spells they can already cast. So no new spells, just a higher DC for existing ones in both classes. I couldn't find a tag for Caster Level. Oh, and it stacks for advancement of a familiar (animal) if the PC has one. This is the ability text.

Hallowed witch levels stack with other arcane and divine spellcasting classes for the purposes of determining caster level. For example, 4th-level druid/5th-level sorcerer and 2nd-level hallowed witch casts druid spells as a 5th-level caster and sorcerer spells as 7th-level caster. If a hallowed witch has a familiar, her hallowed witch levels stack with her sorcerer and/or wizard levels for the purposes of the familiar's advancement.

quistar is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 18th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Good job!
Thanks!

quistar is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 18th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Caster level does not affect DC. If I understand your intent correctly, I would just foreach through all non-item spell/non SLAs on the hero and add to the sCL field of the spell an amount equal to the class level.

For the familiar thing, the thing you want is cArcFamil, and the field is CompLevel. The script will have to run super early, like First 450, so you'll need to count classes tags for the PrC instead of relying on field values as normal.
Aaron is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 18th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Is this like what I've been doing with the script to level up a bonus? Would it use the same script? Also, not sure what a SLA is.

quistar is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 19th, 2014, 10:00 AM
SLA means Spell Like Ability.

A foreach is a way of cycling through all things of a certain type that meet a certain criteria and while doing so, make some change or pull some information from each.

For example
foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "!Helper.SpellLike & !Helper.ItemSpell"
eachpick.field[sCL].value += X
nexteach
Aaron is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old June 21st, 2014, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
SLA means Spell Like Ability.

A foreach is a way of cycling through all things of a certain type that meet a certain criteria and while doing so, make some change or pull some information from each.

For example
foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "!Helper.SpellLike & !Helper.ItemSpell"
nexteach
Been waiting for a good time to focus on this. Obviously I don't understand exactly what to do with it. I get the following error. Script following.

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cRLPrimMag' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Reference to undeclared variable: 'X'
One or more timing errors were identified. Please review the timing report and correct the errors. You can access the report under the 'Develop' menu or by clicking this link.

Script for Post-levels 450:

nexteach

eachpick.field[cArcFamil].value += X
nexteach

quistar is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 22nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quistar View Post
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cRLPrimMag' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Reference to undeclared variable: 'X'
HL here is telling you the issue. X is a not defined variable so how can HL do anything with it when it does not understand A) its type and b) what value it holds.

Replace X in the script with a valid variable. I am pretty sure Aaron was using X as a place holder for you to type in your own "value" (ie 1,2,3).

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #90 Reply With Quote