Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old April 30th, 2022, 11:44 AM
I know this is unlikely to ever be granted, given the state of (lack of) work on Realm Works, but I would really like it to be possible to have more than seven topic views.

I'm running "Horror on the Orient Express" and I'm now on to scenario 15. What I do with the "old" ones is to remove them from topic views and leave them all in World Almanack in case I need that information later (which I will - some characters appear everywhere). So I could do with another few topic views so I can prepare scenarios a long time ahead.

Or even behind - my players have refused so far to participate in the Doom Train scenario and it's cluttering up my topic views.

So that's my whinge for today.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 30th, 2022, 04:51 PM
It's nice to see that there's still a flicker of hope in some people.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old May 1st, 2022, 01:27 AM
Well yes, but perhaps someone will take the project over and start work on it again. I can but hope.

I love this software, I've still not found anything nearly as good. Not even that one (is it Obsidian?) that everyone talks about.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old May 6th, 2022, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
Well yes, but perhaps someone will take the project over and start work on it again. I can but hope.

I love this software, I've still not found anything nearly as good. Not even that one (is it Obsidian?) that everyone talks about.
My dream is it is sold off to a company willing to make it what it could be, man it would be one hellouva product integrated into a VTT.

But I have lost hope, hope is nothing more than a denial of reality- Lone Wolf Development taught me that lesson.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 6th, 2022, 04:12 PM
At this point even if they did sell it off I would be unlikely to come back. Obsidian.md runs smoother, has better functionality and is easier to work with large data sets. Rob had a great idea, he really was breaking new ground. It's just a shame the dream wasn't realized.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old May 26th, 2022, 04:16 AM
During Covid, I was as bored as a man can be. So I created a Science-Fantasy world in realmworks that could probably fill several published books if it was published. I did it for Savage Worlds, and its pretty fuckin' badass. I had nothing else to do other than watch TV or Jerk Off. It was a horrible time for me. However, I did come up with Space Vikings, Space Huns, Space Japanese Empire, Space Europe, a bunch of Aliens, edges, Hinderances...

All in Realmworks. I checked out Obsidian.mdf but it's not intuitive and I'm just not willing to take the time to learn something new when I have something in front of me that does the same thing.
Cid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote