Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Dami

Old March 28th, 2016, 04:47 AM
A few people have been working on creating a "World of Greyhawk Setting" data file for Pathfinder. It's an ongoing work and I'm doing most of the data entry/coding, drawing on 2nd Edition and 3rd/3.5 sources.

Secondary URL for HL Updates: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a31fjw402p...dates.xml?dl=1

The file so far contains:

114 WoG Deities (7 Baklunish, 10 Flan, 21 Oeridian, 0 Olman, 18 Suloise, 17 General, 8 Dwarven, 11 Elven, 6 Gnomish, 6 Halfling, 6 Humanoid, 5 Orcish)
27 Greyhawk languages
24 Cleric Domains (from 3.5, to support the Deities)
Spells: multiple spells from 3.5 to support the Domains, 11 spells from 'Iuz the Evil'

Player Races: High Elf, Gray Elf, Wood Elf, 6 Human Ethnicities (Baklunish, Flan, Oeridian, Olman, Rhennee, Suloise)
NPC/Monster Races: Valley Elf, Wild Elf, Aspis (cow, drone, larva), Beastman, Booka, Camprat, Crystalmist, Dire Raven, Giant Raven, Horgar, Hook Horror, Ingundi, Mist Wolf, Needleman, Norker, Slow Shadow (2 versions), Son of Kyuss, Soul beckoner, Swordwraith (templete), Tyrg, Vampire Cactus, Vampiric Mist, Xvart.

Planned additions:
Prestige Classes, and more monsters. Also considering 'Greyhawk Regional Feats'.

The file size is too large to post to the forum (1MB), but I'm happy to email a copy to anyone who wants it. It's also available on our "Greyhawk in HeroLab" Facebook page. I'm looking to add it to the Community Files in the near future.

Last edited by Dami; November 8th, 2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Updated file contents & Update URL
Dami is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 28th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
I'm looking to add it to the Community Files in the near future.
In that case I will ask now if you have followed the file naming convention for the community files? In addition the most important is having a special 2 digit value you used for all Unique ID's. If so what did you use? This includes all tags and class unique ids.

File naming convention
1. COM_ - Is the new community file identifier that we did the file. This is changed from the PFRPG_ we have been using and not fully following for the community bestiary.
2. PackName_ - The name of the Pack that we belong into. For example "BasicPack" or "GMMythicPack". You will notice its one word no spaces or special characters using Camel Case (each new letter of a word is upper case).
3. Book Name or Adventure Path Number - (NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS INCLUDING commas, or single quotes) So if we are Paizo adventure path then we will follow it with the Adventure Path book number like AP088 (yes three numbers) is "Valley of the Brain Collectors". If we are a book for say Tome of Horror we will follow it with "TomeOfHorror" once again using camel case and no spaces or special characters.
4. Specific file name - So a helpful name for stuff. In example "Racial Specials" or "Feats" to describe what the file contains. This will be full words with spaces but no special characters.
5. SOURCE .1st files - Will always be named as with COM_Source_XXX - Name.1st where "XX" is the level number. So in example the primary parent file is named "COM_Source_01 - Community Packs.1st" and the Basic Pack which is a child of this so it would be named "COM_Source_10 - Basic Pack.1st" as ten will sort lower than 01. Then each child of the basic pack will be number as 10x where "x" is the next number in the sequence. In example the ShadowChemosh Gaming Addon is a child source of the Basic Pack so it would be named as "COM_Source_101 - ShadowChemosh.1st".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 1st, 2016, 09:06 PM
New version of the Greyhawk Campaign for Pathfinder now available.

The major change was to make have Deity selections grey out when not suited to a Hero's race and/or alignment. Also corrected typo's, cleaned up the way a few things were done and added some more deities.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old October 5th, 2016, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
New version of the Greyhawk Campaign for Pathfinder now available.
Where is it located? Through Community Updates or at another URL? Thanks!
Lord Magus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 5th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Neither at this stage. You can download it from the "Greyhawk in HeroLab" Facebook page, or send me a message and I'll email you a copy. It's reached a point where I'm looking at adding it to the Community Files very soon.

Edit: No plans at this stage to add to community files. This allows me more control over the files and it's still easily obtainable.

Last edited by Dami; March 16th, 2018 at 04:32 PM.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dirtydeedz

Old October 2nd, 2017, 12:53 PM
I haven't seen this in the Community Pack; and, was curious as to development.

My group is doing a Greyhawk/Savage Tides reboot; and, I coded in a new race for myself "Rock Gnome" according to the GM'S house rules. I think I may have created a couple of new rt's, ra's, deities ect..

My Gnome being the fine Paladin he is; realized, he wasn't able to use the Gnome Racial (+1/2 to LOH); because he was a "Rock Gnome".

Ah! Change Paladin to include "rGnmRck". This approach works if I were to stop at Rock Gnome. But, if I wanted to continue, I would need to set up "Rock Gnome" as a "Greyhawk Heritage"; like with the Aasimar Race.

As my project expanded, I realized the need for proper source referencing, and naming convention. Research landed me here.
Dirtydeedz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 2nd, 2017, 01:17 PM
I haven't done any work on this for a long time... so it hasn't got to the community files (yet) - but if you want a copy of the files you can email me at dami21 at optusnet dot com dot au.
My Gnomish Deities are: Baervan Wildwander, Baravar Cloakshadow, Flandal Steelskin, Gaerdal Ironhand, Garl Glittergold, Segojan Earthcaller.
I didn't add Rock Gnomes. (They aren't Greyhawk specific.)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; November 8th, 2017 at 06:23 PM.
Dami is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dirtydeedz

Old October 2nd, 2017, 02:03 PM
Will do! Are your files different than the Oct' 16 update on FB?
Dirtydeedz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 3rd, 2017, 02:14 AM
Probably not... I know I've made some small updates to the deities, but not sure if that's in the files I sent you. If I can focus on Greyhawk soon, I'll have a new update with my changes, plus some additions.

EDIT: New version of the files available. (Nov 2017)
Secondary URL to update through HL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a31fjw402p...dates.xml?dl=1

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; November 8th, 2017 at 08:24 PM.
Dami is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
StunningFist

Old August 6th, 2021, 06:39 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for Thread necromancy...this data file is awesome!

However, two of the players in my group can't use it as it seems to require HL libraries they don't have installed.

Is there a list of required HL products that a person needs to have installed in order to get the Greyhawk plug-in to work?

Thanks!
StunningFist is offline   #10 Reply With Quote