Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Screetch1979

Old January 27th, 2015, 11:50 AM
So, I have this power that is basically an alternate form with a variation of the tiring flaw.
This flaw work like the removable extra.
How can i add this to an alternate form? In the editor, I mean.
Screetch1979 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Can you explain more about what you're trying to do? Is it a flaw that's put on the whole alternate form?
Hollis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 27th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Ah. So it provides a discount of 1 pp in 5? Well, naive version of it, copy the Removable Flaw, limit it to one rank, and change the name of it. The only catch is that the text for the total cost of the power will include "Removable" in it.

I suspect that there's some additional way to calculate the savings and apply it via the Eval Script, but I'd have to delve deeper for that.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Screetch1979

Old January 27th, 2015, 02:47 PM
@Hollis: Yes, it's a flaw that is put on the whole alternate form, like the Activation element, and has two level: Fatigued (with a discount of 1 point per 5 point) and exhausted (with a discount of 2 points per 5 points).

@Duggan: Just tried, and it could work if you only need the removable (1 point) version. But it is not my case. I need to switch from removable and easily removable. And the Multiple power structure doesn't let you select or add extras and flaws

I think i could use the device structure and adding the activation element, but the unchangeble name are quite disturbing.
Screetch1979 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 27th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Here is a first draft. It correctly changes the number of PP, but it does not affect the display to the upper right and I can't get it to change the text despite me changing pwmInfo. Nothing else is really set other than the Eval Rules, so you'll need to set a description and the like.

And yes, Multiple generally doesn't allow for Flaws or Extras on the whole, as they are applied individually to each power.
Attached Files
File Type: email Alt Tiring.user (862 Bytes, 3 views)
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Screetch1979

Old January 28th, 2015, 01:57 AM
@Duggan: thanks i've tried this way on my own, but i can't switch between tired and exhausted if I use a flaw.

I think the only way is to define a new power element, but i can't figure out how to compare the chosen effect in a script.
Screetch1979 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 28th, 2015, 02:53 AM
What do you mean "switch between tired and exhausted"? I'm able to change the degree of the flaw from my side and the costs change (although, as noted, the power modified text seems to be stubbornly resisting). Or are you meaning that it should impact the conditions on the character?
Duggan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Screetch1979

Old January 28th, 2015, 04:53 AM
No, I mean: how do you bootsrap this to a multiple power structure?
Screetch1979 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mad Hamish

Old January 29th, 2015, 04:24 PM
I'd consider the easiest way to do this is add it as a device and just name the device something that makes it clear what the actual situation is.
You can select Removable or Easily Removable to get the discount and it applies the cost.

You're probably always going to have to select tired or exhausted by hand if you use the power
Mad Hamish is offline   #9 Reply With Quote