Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

direinsomniac

Old October 24th, 2017, 01:58 PM
I am programming a new deed that grants a feat at a certain level assuming the player has grit available to them.

The deed is learned at 7th level. I've done what I've needed to do to get the deed to work (and it does), however, even with the ClSpecWhen 7 tags, I am getting the deed at 1st level.
direinsomniac is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 24th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Do you see the class special at 7th level in the class list, but are nonetheless getting the effects? If so, then check that you have added a stop to your eval scripts and/or bootstrap conditions for anything which is bootstrapped.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
direinsomniac

Old October 24th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Yes, the deed shows up on specials list at level 7. But the item in the editor doesn't have any scripts and the only thing bootstrapped to it is the feat that the deed provides.

So what would the script look like that I would need?
direinsomniac is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 24th, 2017, 07:44 PM
So if the feat is bootstrapped and not supposed to be gained until level 7, you need to add a bootstrap condition to it. Try to think of another ability which grants a feat at a level higher than 1st, but don't think of the ranger's endurance, because that is probably more complicated than you need.

Try looking at how the Paladin's Aura of Courage ability bootstraps Immunity to fear, for example.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
direinsomniac

Old October 25th, 2017, 08:06 PM
thanks.
direinsomniac is offline   #5 Reply With Quote