Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Mad Hamish

Old February 28th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Adding a Fighting Style gives you all of the Advantages of the fighting style
from the gamemaster's guide page 186 under
CREATING FIGHTING STYLES
"Characters trained in
a style invest power points into its traits. They don’t have to
take all of them at once; indeed, most students do not gain
complete mastery of a fighting style all at once."

It'd be great if you could add the individual advantages somehow
Mad Hamish is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 28th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Can't you just pick the individual advantages you want to start with and tell the gm what fighting style your working up to. Because that's what it looks like your going for any way. Not sure I understand what your looking for. If some one wants all of the advantages in the package they can pick the package. If they just want to start off with a few can't they just pick the advantages individually until they acquire all the ones in the package deal, then the player becomes a low level master in the style. If they pick the package deal then they are a beginning low level master in that style right off the bat. Even in pathfinder when you pick a package deal with equipment. you still have to buy the items individually. I'm not sure there would be an easy way to do it. Other then making a placeholder for the name of the style and then buying the advantages individually. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's what I do in the game I run, I had put the fighting style in before this update and had the package deals available or the players could just buy them individually until they bought all the advantages in the package deal.

Last edited by jbearwillis; February 28th, 2014 at 06:18 PM.
jbearwillis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 28th, 2014, 08:55 PM
OK, so adding the Style (listed in the Advantages section) bootstraps all of the things for you. That is nice because it saves us the effort.

But what you are saying is that you wish that it would instead add the style after (eventually) getting all of its required Advantages. I do have an idea on how to make that possible. I even tried it out, just to see if it works and it does.

Make a copy of the desired Fighting Style. The only changes that you might want to make are the user ID (I just made it replace the original ID, but you don't have to), and then look at the boot straps, and copy paste them into the Pick-Reqs.

The effect is that the Fighting style will be darkened as it is not available yet, and it will show its requirements in red, and they will disappear as you get them. But guess what? If you don't feel like getting them little by little you can select it and it will bootstrap the rest for you. So you get both options in the same entry (you just have to remember that you can be lazy and get it all at once with a single click).

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 28th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Very Nice SeeleyOne, I will have to use that idea - I didn't know that was possible.
jbearwillis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 28th, 2014, 09:13 PM
At first I was writing up an eval script and then realized that it was more efficient overall to do it the way that I suggested. It also has the benefit of letting you know what is left to obtain.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote