Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

ShadowRose

Old March 17th, 2021, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
I can't find that in any of the Community Pack files. It might be something you had added to a file that was overwritten with the latest update. Check your "importbackup" folder in your 5e data folder. I used Notepad++'s "find in files" feature to search my entire HL .user file library.
Alright in that case it might be something I made to replicate one of the Tasha's items, in which case I don't need it anymore anyway because they've all been added! Thanks for checking.
ShadowRose is offline   #891 Reply With Quote
sablevarg

Old March 19th, 2021, 06:05 AM
Quote:
That one's a toughie...the only references to 5CMHo5E and 5e5EFeats in the Community Pack are in a file called COM_5ePack - Loadmods.user, which waas last changed by daplun over 4 years ago. This is the full code of the entire file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<document signature="Hero Lab Data">

<loadmods>

<silentsource source="5CMHo5E"/>
    <silentsource source="5e5EFeats"/>

</loadmods>

</document>
I have no idea what a silence source is or what it does. But I'm wondering if this somehow is hiding sources that are built into Hero Lab 5e?? I really don't know. I'm going to reach out to daplunk and see if he can assist.
I wonder if deleting those two lines would maybe work?
sablevarg is offline   #892 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 19th, 2021, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablevarg View Post
I wonder if deleting those two lines would maybe work?
Maybe? I’d give it a shot. Make a backup copy of the file and try it.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #893 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 19th, 2021, 07:17 AM
Also items, charms, and monsters for Candlekeep are about 30% completed. Unless anyone has objections, I might go for a smaller release for 3.2, with Candlekeep, Waterdeep, and just a few other little things.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #894 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old March 19th, 2021, 07:45 AM
Quote:
That one's a toughie...the only references to 5CMHo5E and 5e5EFeats in the Community Pack are in a file called COM_5ePack - Loadmods.user, which waas last changed by daplun over 4 years ago.
<lots of stuff snipped>

I'm going to reach out to daplunk and see if he can assist.
I think those were put there to hide the original community version of the TPK games 5e Feats and some Kobold Press Midgard Hero materials. Both were decommissioned at some point (obsoleted).

COM_5ePack_Private_MH5e - All.user
COM_5ePack_5EFeats - Feats.user

The actual error is not with the source in the loadmods, it's with parent sources that don't exist -

Source '5CMHo5E' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pKoboPress'
Source '5e5EFeats' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pFTPK'

Since that seems to indicate Kobold Press and TPK Games sources, I'm going to guess that maybe Lonewolf changed the source ids that the file refers to in one of their updates for paid material.

I would suggest just commenting the lines out in the community file.
dungeonguru is offline   #895 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 19th, 2021, 07:54 AM
Dumb question but...how do we comment them out? I know how to do that in the eval script code but not the base file code.

Fenris447 is offline   #896 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old March 19th, 2021, 10:20 AM
Same way, start a line with
<!--

move down and end the comment with a
-->

You have to edit the file in a text editor rather than through the normal editor.

If you're interested in old versions you can find the old releases by looking to the right of the code tab on github. There should be a Releases section that has the current version listed and then a number of releases below. If you click on the number of releases you get taken to a screen with the historical releases - after each is an Asset dropdown where you can download an old release version.

In the notes for version 1.8 on Feb 12, 2017 you can see the following:

Quote:
v1.8

@shadowchemosh shadowchemosh released this on Feb 12, 2017 · 836 commits to master since this release

v1.8 February 12, 2017

IMPORTANT: Please note that support was removed for Midgard Heroes by Kobold Press and Fifth Edition Feats from Total Party Kill Games in this release. Any characters created with this content will continue to function however no new characters will be able to be created using this content.
If you look at v1.7's files you can see the usesource tags in the two files I mentioned and then in 1.8 they are all marked obsolete. Also, the loadmods file doesn't exist till 1.8.
dungeonguru is offline   #897 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose

Old March 20th, 2021, 12:41 PM
I've been submitting issues on the Github and I'm starting to feel bad about adding to the workload. How difficult would it be for me to contribute fixes to description text on things? I feel like this is something I should be capable of doing, and I'd rather help out and fix it myself than keep requesting fixes. I also wouldn't mind helping out with the rewrites for new content.
ShadowRose is offline   #898 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 21st, 2021, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRose View Post
I've been submitting issues on the Github and I'm starting to feel bad about adding to the workload. How difficult would it be for me to contribute fixes to description text on things? I feel like this is something I should be capable of doing, and I'd rather help out and fix it myself than keep requesting fixes. I also wouldn't mind helping out with the rewrites for new content.
Don't feel bad about submitting bugs/issues. That's why the Issues section is there, so we can find and fix that stuff. If you want to make and upload your own changes, there's a page in the GitHub project wiki that describes that. I think daplunk may need to give you permission to upload stuff; I can't remember how I got it. Worst case scenario, you can always upload your changed file to the issue page itself and I can pull the changes in for you.

Fenris447 is offline   #899 Reply With Quote
ShadowRose

Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:16 AM
Okay, I can do everything in that guide until the last step without the permissions, someone else just has to merge my pull requests. This is enough to allow me to make basic changes to description text and fix typos and such. It's not much but at least I can handle the small stuff without creating issues for other people to work on.
ShadowRose is offline   #900 Reply With Quote