Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Nikmal

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigojones View Post
I get Delays i just don't get why we haven't been updated in the delay or a hard date. November is technically still fall but no hard date or even news on if it is going to be spring of even fall of next year. but i feel the consensus is that everyone is getting tired of waiting. this newsletter thats coming out better be amazing or im done waiting.
It is well worth the wait sir. They have been keeping all of us up to date as Pyremius has mentioned and while it might not be easy for you to do so waiting is part of what getting in on the ground floor for new software like this is all about. There will be tons of functionality to work with once released as well. It will have the all encompassing broad aspects of campaign management like no other software currently out there or even in the process of being developed by any other software development company out there.

Trust me.. once released it will be worth it. So if you choose not to take part of the release... it is you that will be missing out on something great as well as your potential players too.

I wish you well in what ever you should choose... but I think your overall choice of not wanting to wait will put you in the minority.
Nikmal is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old October 29th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
You can then share information between those groups and such quite easily. and even make it so that character 1 from group A has information that character 6 from group C needs then you have that information handy.
From what I've seen the sharing of data... the ability to share data with all players is not the issue here.

What I want - what my gaming group wants (and we can't be the only ones) is the ability to share that treasure map with just a single player - the one that found it. Perhaps he decided that he didn't want to go tell everyone about it just yet. He wants to do some research about it first. I would want to share that information, that history, just with that single player. Eventually, perhaps a second player might learn some of that information.

That's what I want/need from a program like this, and from what I've heard it will not be there at v1.0. That's the part that I can't believe never came up during design or testing. I've never, in over 30 years of gaming, had it NOT come up.

Anyway, if it's possible to do that at release then I'm super happy! If I have to wait to purchase until that very basic, required feature is present then so be it.

Either way, this looks like the best tool for the job.
lifer4700 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old October 29th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Another use case:

One character grew up in town A, another character has never been to town A, they are from town B.

To me, it makes sense that the player for the first character would have access to lots of information about the NPCs, shops, intrigue, politics, etc of town A and the other player would maybe know where the town is located, and its general size, but that's about it.
lifer4700 is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Dracarius

Old October 29th, 2013, 06:43 AM
What's a GOOD software program without a few delays? LW is not Microsoft. Stop complaining about delays, or you'll get the equivalent of a MS product.

I would like to see the software support the capability of just a single player holding onto a piece of information. Having information that no one else knows can be key to a great adventure for that player. That said, there is something about hard copy that I will never lose favor of. While I'm eagerly anticipating the release of Realm Works, as it will keep me better organized, I am the sort that would rather have a good book in my hands vs a Kindle or Nook. My players will expect to still get something they can actually get their hands on (a map, a piece of script from a book, etc.)
Dracarius is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Rabulias

Old October 29th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Rob has said that player-specific knowledge will be coming, just not in 1.0, and that back-end support for it has been planned for. (see this thread, esp. post 9: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...178#post160178)

The hard work for this kind of feature is the database structure/design that supports it, and it sounds like that has been done. I believe this feature will find its way to us not too far after 1.0...
Rabulias is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
PatJe

Old October 30th, 2013, 02:55 AM
I would like, if this new feature will be as much simple as revealing is now. Maybe just by adding a right-click function to the bullet-points and a submenü to select players. By left-click you can reveal the information as usual to all players.

I understand, that this may take some time after 1.0. So consider this a suggestion
PatJe is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old October 30th, 2013, 09:27 AM
That sounds like the perfect way to implement that in the UI.
lifer4700 is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
woobyluv

Old November 2nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
/Casts the spell Haste on Lone Wolf Developers.
/Casts the spell Owl's Wisdom on Lone Wolf Developers.
/Casts the spell Fox's Cunning on Lone Wolf Developers.
/Casts the spell Bear's Endurance on Lone Wolf Developers.
/Casts the spell Resist Troll.
/Casts the spell Protection from Flames.
woobyluv is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
JackOfAllGames

Old November 4th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I understand that these things take time, but I REALLY wish there was a way to buy into the beta (speaking as someone who missed the Kickstarter). If the tool works at all, I'd be using it now. Also, the closer we get to Christmas, the less likely I'll be getting the program 'til next year. =/
JackOfAllGames is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Caraldur

Old November 4th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Is Realm works being release to the Kickstarter wolf pack members today?
Caraldur is offline   #50 Reply With Quote