Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

iaminsanity

Old November 18th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I have reinstalled countless times to try and get the system to recognize that I have a license... I am on wireless and it says that I have an improper internet connection.. i know for certain that I have a licence, I can even manage it at the sites.. But I cannot use the full version, and I'm stuck with the example, and the minimal versions? wtf? I bought this program at the store for like 45$, and I get an example version...

How do I get the full version usable on a wireless connection?
iaminsanity is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
belgarath97

Old November 25th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaminsanity
I have reinstalled countless times to try and get the system to recognize that I have a license... I am on wireless and it says that I have an improper internet connection.. i know for certain that I have a licence, I can even manage it at the sites.. But I cannot use the full version, and I'm stuck with the example, and the minimal versions? wtf? I bought this program at the store for like 45$, and I get an example version...

I'm on a wireless network and I have no problems. What is the exact error message you are getting?
belgarath97 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 27th, 2007, 04:03 AM
At 05:31 PM 11/18/2007, you wrote:
Quote:

As far as AB is concerned, there is absolutely ZERO difference between a wired and wireless internet connection. If you're being told the internet connection is faulty, the problem is most likely due to some sort of security tool blocking AB's access to the internet. A common culprit it Windows Firewall.

You'll need to re-configure whatever tool(s) you have installed to allow AB to get through. Once you do that, you should be able to get the license activated without any difficulties.

If you aren't able to figure things out, then you can use the "manual" license activation process as an alternative. This mechanism lets you use your web browser for internet communication. There is an option on teh License menu for this purpose that will walk you through the process. However, it's a better idea to get the security tools re-configured to allow AB to get through.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote