Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lowew79

Old August 1st, 2014, 12:45 PM
Does activating my licsense on an ipad count against my limit of 2 activations?
lowew79 is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 1st, 2014, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowew79 View Post
Yes. But you can buy up to 3 additional licenses if you want for only $10 bucks. That license is attached to your main license so your iPad would have access to all the same packages as your desktop/laptop.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old August 1st, 2014, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowew79 View Post
Any full version of HeroLab requires a Unique License for each machine it is installed on. HeroLab comes with two Licenses, but you have to use the obtain secondary license feature to get your second license.

So if you have it on your home computer and now want it for your Ipad, there is no additional cost.

Edit: Curse my slow fingers... Shadow Beat me!
Dianae is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Tordek

Old August 1st, 2014, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korlen View Post
As in sync the iPad portfolios directly to the Computer's Hero Lab? Wouldn't that be nice.
While that would be great, I'm not aiming that high. Just the ability to save my portfolio into a directory of my choosing and the ability to load from the same directory. Said directory could be located on one of the cloud services such as Dropbox, Drive, iCloud, or OneDrive.
Tordek is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 2nd, 2014, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The iPad has some features to help in this area that is built in. Go to "Settings->General->Accessibility". I have only the smallest features turned on like "BOLD" text but it has some features for forcing text to be bigger and I think a built in "zoom" feature that lets you increase screen size for ANY app.

See HERE from apple.
I use both of those methods. The bold helps some, but the zoom is actually a fixed zoom by tapping three fingers together. It has some uses, but is not as useful as the normal zoom. It's ok I will just continue to use a pdf of my character sheet, which zooms as needed.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
serioustiger

Old August 3rd, 2014, 07:52 AM
Wow. Having spent the day playing with this I am super-impressed. I know this was no trivial task and I'm struggling to find even minor areas for improvement.

(Landscape mode, ability to enter digits rather than use the counters - I am not going to enter the starting gold for a level 12 character that way!, and a minor bug where adding an item such as a slayer feat throws out the alignment between the list and the descriptions).

But these are tiny things really. This is an amazing achievement and vindicates my decision to keep pouring cash into data packs :-)

You have just sealed the fate of my 2009 Samsung Netbook which now has no utility at all!
serioustiger is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 3rd, 2014, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serioustiger View Post
Wow. Having spent the day playing with this I am super-impressed. I know this was no trivial task and I'm struggling to find even minor areas for improvement.
+1 I got to use this last night and is VERY stable now and very happy with this.

My only issue is please please add something to make it noticeable when you get a critical threat. Make the number "bold", italics, underline, blink...... Please!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
duhtroll

Old August 4th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I was messing around with this today and the only thing keeping me from leaving my laptop at home from now on is the ability to load and edit cloud copies instead of manually transferring files back and forth. Then, its pretty much ideal for game days.

Thanks - I'm sure this is on the way somehow, just sayin'.
duhtroll is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Schedim

Old August 6th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanRu View Post
Thanks for responding, Colen, but the update doesn't install. I click on the update, it downloads, I see that message, and then that's it. When I click Install Updates, I see the same message. If I click the update again the whole thing starts over.
I got the same problem exactly!!
Schedim is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Solus3

Old August 6th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
While that would be great, I'm not aiming that high. Just the ability to save my portfolio into a directory of my choosing and the ability to load from the same directory. Said directory could be located on one of the cloud services such as Dropbox, Drive, iCloud, or OneDrive.
I currently use an App called FILE BROWSER on my IPAD. It allows me via my Wireless Network to browse the files on my PC and then load them onto my IPAD. I have a Directory for my Players *.POR files that they can browse and then click LOAD IN and select Herolabs. 1 second later the Character is on their IPAD and available for use. Currently they are only using the FREE Herolabs as Character Sheets but its a start.

Hope that Helps a Little.

Solus
Solus3 is offline   #40 Reply With Quote