Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

haibane

Old March 5th, 2023, 03:52 PM
Hey, I have several open request from months ago for bug fixes and have stopped submitting because they aren’t getting fixed. Is there a better method? Examples are endless grimoire limits spells, can’t get second skill when already trained from background etc. the one I haven’t submitted is skill feats can’t be taken as archetypes even with the archetype trait. I’m struggling to use the tool as I have to now check everything I put in for a paid subscription and paid tool.

Currently rebuilding all PFS characters...
haibane is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 5th, 2023, 09:49 PM
Please keep submitting any bugs you find. We can't get things fixed if we aren't made aware. There are only 3 of us on the data files team though, and I allocate our efforts as best I can to get as much done as we can, but unfortunately that's finite. I'm trying to have us tackle easier bugs at least as they come in at least, but trying to get books out on time is always our priority, and we've been pretty swamped with Treasure Vault.

I see the endless grimoire bug as have been addressed back in January, is that still having problems for you?

What in particular can't you get a different skill option from if trained from your background? That one's crops up issues here and there, unfortunately, with how it was designed and the original rules for duplicate skill training. It's absolutely been on my radar to address (it'd make it easier for us to build things too), but it's a rather large undertaking to rebuild the mechanisms and we haven't had a good opportunity yet.

What is the issue with skill feats can't be taken as archetypes? Are they not counting toward the 2 feats before a new dedication? Are they not showing up as skill feat options when you have the archetype?
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
haibane

Old March 6th, 2023, 04:24 AM
Grimoire still shows as an error on my character sheet saying I have too many spells selected.

The skill thing is well a bit frustrating as you seem to be rolling out a weird vault system now instead of fixing the existing system

For skill feats that have the archetype trait. Herolab has them as selectable under free archetype as a class feat which they aren’t.

Occasionally, an archetype feat works like a skill feat instead of a class feat. These archetype feats have the skill trait, and you select them in place of a skill feat, otherwise following the same rules above. These are not archetype class feats.

It’s just been regularly frustrating that I have to explain to my gm why my build doesn’t follow the rules because I have to hunt bugs instead of using a character builder that doesn’t have these problems.

haibane is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
haibane

Old March 6th, 2023, 05:49 AM
On another note. On the same character, it appears to have not caught an innate spell requirement to take an ancestry feat.

haibane is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 6th, 2023, 10:22 AM
Submit a bug report from the affected character with the grimoire please, that'll let us pull a snapshot of the character so we can see what's going on there. Weird since I recall that coming in and us addressing it, so it'll help to see your particular case.

The Vault is completely separate from any of this, as that's mainly Rob and the UI team working on that. Other than my having a few meetings about it, the data file team hasn't spent any time on it. Once we get it fully set up though, it should save us a fair bit of time when entering content, which should free us up more for other tasks.

Okay, so you're seeing archetype skill feats appear in the free archetypes table, when they shouldn't. Probably a side effect of a fix I made a while back, but an easy fix.

What's the ancestry feat?

I get the frustration though, and wish I could instantly fix everything. There's a lot of tasks I have logged to make improvements and expand functionality, and have been trying to keep us reasonably on top of bugs, but it's all juggling time and tasks.
Daniel V is offline   #5 Reply With Quote