Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

qcgreywolf

Old August 31st, 2019, 06:32 PM
Did a recent update break multiple tab support?

A couple weeks ago I was sitting in the airport shortly after the 2e PDFs dropped and started making up a test party to do my own DM play testing of the new mechanics.

I had 3 browser tabs open on my iPad, and was seamlessly switching between the three coordinating gear, feats and backgrounds.

Today, I decided to pick back up, as I had a little bit of down time to play with the HLO demo some more, and I was getting booted left and right.

Within the span of an hour I had to re-log dozens of times and was getting many “licenses are usable on only one machine at a time” warnings.

I am! I am using my license on only one machine, in one browser even.
qcgreywolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old August 31st, 2019, 08:33 PM
I don't think so as I've been using multi-tab successfully. However, keep in mind that it's a weekend and apparently with no staff watching the servers, they start going wonky.
flyteach is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old September 3rd, 2019, 09:11 AM
multiple tabs are working fine for me. were you using multiple browsers by any chance? HLO considers, say, Firefox and Chrome as separate "devices" even if they're on the same machine.
dacoobob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
qcgreywolf

Old September 4th, 2019, 07:02 PM
Yea, it was just safari on my iPad. I had alternating 1-2 bars of service and allll sorts of issues. The right side of the booted out login screen was 3-5 red error boxes.

I’ll try again in a couple to a few weeks. My patience for things that are finicky is pretty slim :/

It’s the reason I staunchly gave up on “early access” and “beta” games that are unstable.
qcgreywolf is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old September 5th, 2019, 07:25 AM
HLO is essentially beta (even though it's not advertised that way) so if that's how you feel you'll probably want to steer clear for another year or so.
dacoobob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old September 8th, 2019, 08:08 AM
It has been a year or so already. The improvements are there from what it was at the beginning, but this should not still be in Beta form. Code Monkey Publishing had been working on a new Character Generator, but with one thing or another it sort of fizzled. (and no license didn't help)
Perhaps some of those folks are floating around someplace and can be brought in to help?
thaX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote