Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

xmiyux

Old August 30th, 2019, 08:18 AM
I see the Bestiary is available for sale - but since HLO focuses on character sheets I am unsure what benefit there would be to buy it.

Does it unlock a way to easily search it and pull up the stat blocks for monster? Or let me flag some for easy access when creating encounters for a session? Or something else?

I don't mind buying it if I knew what it would allow me to do as a GM prepping sessions.
xmiyux is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 30th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Hi there! Currently, having the PF2 Bestiary allows you to choose a monster on the Ancestry tab (which does have an alpha search function), and view the stats on the character sheet, or in the open window on the right, which you can use as-is, or tweak to suit your campaign's needs. You would "flag" those stats by saving it to your portfolio.
Keep in mind that we do have a 60-day money-back guarantee, so you're not risking anything by giving it a try.
Thanks for the interest!
Lj Stephens is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nyarlathotep

Old August 30th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
Hi there! Currently, having the PF2 Bestiary allows you to choose a monster on the Ancestry tab (which does have an alpha search function), and view the stats on the character sheet, or in the open window on the right, which you can use as-is, or tweak to suit your campaign's needs. You would "flag" those stats by saving it to your portfolio.
Keep in mind that we do have a 60-day money-back guarantee, so you're not risking anything by giving it a try.
Thanks for the interest!
Uhhh... the store site says NO REFUNDS on the bestiary data package.
Nyarlathotep is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old August 30th, 2019, 10:57 PM
LW's whole marketing scheme is basically a joke. They advertise as through they're selling a complete and functional product when it's actually just a public betatest at best.

Not that there's anything wrong with "early access" software or public betas... but the way LW presents their product is misleading *at best*. LW staff have posted contradictory statements here on the forums, and meanwhile the public website gives *zero* indication that HLO is a work-in-progress with many missing and/or TBD features (not to even mention the rampant bugs and basic rules errors). I've been following the development of HLO closely since the initial announcement and even I am still continually surprised at the incomplete state of the product... I can only imagine how a new customer would feel after paying their money and logging in for the first time.

To reiterate, I don't think it's a *software* problem; developing a totally new product architecture is always going to be a long and arduous process. Rather, it's very much a *communication* and *expectations* problem. LW needs a competent customer relations/marketing department, badly. Until they address that major shortcoming they'll continue to unnecessarily alienate their existing userbase and new customers alike.

Last edited by dacoobob; August 30th, 2019 at 11:01 PM.
dacoobob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
qcgreywolf

Old August 31st, 2019, 07:08 PM
I am already starting the mourning process for my much loved LWD. Hundreds of dollars sunk into their ecosystem, and I get a front row seat to watching them try and change to a terrible new platform.

With my experiences of HLO, I consider it, at best, to be a polished late alpha build or a clunky early beta.

They would have benefitted -greatly- from waiting and releasing a nearly finished product to a generically technical and exacting group of people that are accustomed to reading hundreds of pages of rules and specific counter-rules.
qcgreywolf is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 31st, 2019, 08:03 PM
Hi folks, I must apologize. You are correct that data packages are non-refundable. I was incorrect about that and I'm very sorry for the misinformation.
Lj Stephens is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old October 24th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Does the Bestiary permit modifying creatures with Elite or Weak adjustments?
Shadowfoot is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old November 16th, 2019, 08:41 AM
@mod Please move to the HLO Pathfinder 2e forum
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 20th, 2019, 06:48 AM
Done!
BJ is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old December 3rd, 2019, 06:50 AM
I have the same problem I bought the PF2 Bestiary, the age of omen and the age of omens character guide. Thinking I can make a character what NPC out of the new information but I only got a glorified monster databook. Maybe it's me I'm doing something wrong but I cannot for the life of me making NPC that isn't a monster just say humanoid I know I know there are pregen characters like DROW FIGHTER and DUERGAR SHARPSHOOTER. But no versatility for you to customize only through making a normal character and calling it a NPC. Show me how to do it or give me my money back I is only been less than 24 hours
Sir.Nel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote