Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old November 18th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Do I need to reopen or do something with my support ticket, cause I haven't heard back from support in nearly a month? I have sent in reply to support every time I had tried a new build to inform them the problem was persisting.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
jaydarkson

Old November 18th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Same here. My group has been unable to access the changes I've made to the realm for some time due to not being able to sync. I'd create a new realm and move everything over if I hadn't already put in so much.
jaydarkson is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old November 19th, 2015, 08:14 AM
When you sent your support ticket you should have received a mail with a link to the ticket system (fogbugz).

Here you can see your ticket and any replies.

Maybe they replied and the mail got lost on its way.

Otherwise write support (if possible, with the case number) and if there is any news regarding the ticket.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 19th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Check you spam filter. Fogbugz were all flagged as spam by gmail. I had to create a filter to make sure that they went to my inbox.

Responsiveness has slipped a bit lately, likely due to the large number of bugs that had to be addressed with the recent updates and conversion to HTML.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 19th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Check you spam filter. Fogbugz were all flagged as spam by gmail. I had to create a filter to make sure that they went to my inbox.

Responsiveness has slipped a bit lately, likely due to the large number of bugs that had to be addressed with the recent updates and conversion to HTML.
This!

It appears that the remaining problems are few, but they are insidious and manifest in a wide variety of ways. They only occur at seemingly random times, typically because the true bug occurred at some point earlier and isn't uncovered until later in the processing logic when something else steps on the landmine that was previously laid. This makes the bugs incredibly complex to figure out.

The best thing anyone can do is help us by providing us with your database when we ask for it. Only a small number of users have actually done it, but having those databases is invaluable when we try to piece together what's going wrong and fix these bugs. A big "Thank You" to the users who have helped us out in this way.
rob is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
jaydarkson

Old December 6th, 2015, 08:38 PM
My Fogbugz were never sent to my spam filter. I have actually flagged the email chain from Fogbugz as "important" so that I never miss it. My issue has been ongoing since before October 16th when I first submitted a bug report. I received one response to the ticket announcing that there was a new patch and it did not do anything to fix the issue. I submitted another response on November 1st to the same ticket asking if the issue could be fixed by deleting the realm on the server side, no response after a month. Issue still persists. Issue only is affecting one realm, all other realms sync fine.

I'm going to close my ticket as I have just undergone the tedious process of copy pasting each entry into a new realm that syncs with the server just fine. I had a lot of entries, this campaign was over a year old with a lot of information. I just hope this issue never happens again and a solution is eventually found.
jaydarkson is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old December 10th, 2015, 03:38 AM
I still have a realm that I can't sync after the newest update was installed. The error changed from 300 to 500, but the effect was the same - can't sync. I went in and rebuilt the index, but that didn't help. I'm curious to know if the new update fixed the other issues that have been reported in this forum? I already sent in a new support ticket.
meek75 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 10th, 2015, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
I still have a realm that I can't sync after the newest update was installed. The error changed from 300 to 500, but the effect was the same - can't sync. I went in and rebuilt the index, but that didn't help. I'm curious to know if the new update fixed the other issues that have been reported in this forum? I already sent in a new support ticket.
As far as we were aware, all of the outstanding sync errors for which we'd received the necessary information from users were fixed in build 208. There were still a few cases where we've asked users for additional details (such as a copy of their database) and haven't yet received that data.

You were one of three users who managed to get into the "persistent sync failure state" described in the release notes. We fixed that bug, hence you're no longer getting the -306 error. However, it seems there is something further going on with your database that we weren't aware of.

Please send in your current database. I'm certain we'll need it to uncover what else is going sideways with your attempts to sync. The sooner we have it, the sooner we can get started figuring out the problem.
rob is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old December 10th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Just want to report publicly that all my realms are fixed and running smoothly again. The LWD team did a great job. In spite of some of the frustrated words I've shared, I must credit LWD with a great customer service experience. The responsiveness and diligence of the folks at LWD are a big part of what makes RW great. I don't hesitate to share my negative thoughts, so I also want to share the good stuff!
meek75 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old December 23rd, 2015, 02:38 PM
I sent support my bakups of the realm data cas they requested weeks ago and am still waiting to get a reply back. Do I need to do anything else? Its been months since I've been able to use Realm Works.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #30 Reply With Quote