Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 13th, 2015, 01:35 PM
A new release for Realm Works is now available! This release has a lot of new goodies. In fact, it should have something for everyone.

The big things are the first handful of changes we highlighted at the start of the feature survey. There are also a bunch of usability tweaks and bug fixes. Due to the extent of all these changes, this release requires users to login to the server when first launched to properly coordinate various upgrade steps with the server.

The biggest highlights of this release include the following:
  • Use drag-and-drop to create relationships and establish containment between topics and articles
  • Identifiers on topics/articles have been split into a separate prefix and suffix for maximum flexibility
  • Map pins support GM Directions for private versus revealable details
  • Plots and plot points also support GM Directions
  • Quick Create mechanism is revised and extended
  • Filtering improvements make it much faster and easier to filter content
  • Various revisions were made to different categories (see release notes for details on each)
Our goal was to get some major performance improvements into this release. However, those are still being worked on, and we didn’t want to delay this release further while we finished those up. So we’re planning another release before the end of the month that will include the performance boosts.

For a complete rundown of all the changes, please see the release notes available within the product. As always, if you run into any issues following this new update, please submit a bug report.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old February 13th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Bug report sent!

The details, for other users: when using quick create and adding aliases through the QC dialog box, the first word you type needs to be the last word of the alias, as hitting space will send the cursor home. There is no way (currently) to type a space after the first word you put in.

Edit: having said that, though, thanks to everyone at LWD for the update. Some of the new features and enhancements are brilliant.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works

Last edited by Chemlak; February 13th, 2015 at 03:51 PM.
Chemlak is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 13th, 2015, 03:58 PM
@Chemlak, I responded to your support ticket as well. We're currently working on a new build for Realm Works. I'll update here when it's available.

Last edited by liz; February 13th, 2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Apparently Chemlak told the dev team about the issue. Thanks Chemlak!
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 13th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Bug report sent!

When clicking the tab named Messages in the start screen RW crashes.

No biggie (no-one ever sends me messages anyway).

And thanks for the update.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 13th, 2015, 05:24 PM
A new Realm Works release (1.0.27) is now available, which fixes the issues that users flagged to us following the earlier update. Thank you to Chemlak, Vargr, and the other users the submitted support tickets to us!
liz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old February 13th, 2015, 06:55 PM
"• Whenever the user adds or modifies the criteria used within the filter and/or scoping forms, the corresponding behavior is now automatically enabled. This makes filtering content much faster and easier."

Oh, praise mighty Jupiter (and the RW team)!

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old February 14th, 2015, 01:38 AM
Isn't it great? Sometimes it's the little things. I'm looking forward to hitting my plotlines with copious GM notes.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Thane

Old February 14th, 2015, 04:41 AM
Anyone else getting this "Connection Retry" dialog box after installing the update? Installation occurred with no hiccups and immediately this box started popping up(okay, I guess that is a major hiccup). Checked firewall and Realm Works is allowed through (unless there is a specific port?). Program loads and then just goes to this box with no screen for the program or chance to enter a password given.

Ideas?

Dialog box text:

"You need to log in to Realm Works to complete the update process, but you don't currently have a connection to the internet. Please exit Realm Works, connect to the internet, and launch Realm Works again to log in and complete the update."
Thane is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old February 14th, 2015, 05:37 AM
I'm trying to get the new version installed. I downloaded the update and ran it. It seems to have installed, but it keeps telling me I need a connection to the internet and I should exit realm works, connect to the internet, and try again. Obviously I have a connection to the internet if I downloaded it and posted this message to the forums. Any ideas??
meek75 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old February 14th, 2015, 05:47 AM
I have submitted a bug report. However, I can not access my realm at all now. I am going to have to call off a game tonight if I can't get this fixed and the 3 day turn around time it give for bug reports is not making me feel optimistic. I should not have tried to update on game day, this is the second time I have made that mistake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
meek75 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote