Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

jariath

Old May 14th, 2021, 08:02 AM
I am wondering if the Blood Wolf will be put in as an Animal Companion Ancestry option.
jariath is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
H2Os

Old May 14th, 2021, 02:49 PM
Are you asking if it's currently in? or if it will be added? I can check if I know where to look, if that's is what you are asking.
H2Os is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old May 18th, 2021, 12:06 PM
If it isn't i would put in a bug report. That is a player thing and should be included in the stuff currently available. They were verty responsive previously when folks pointed out the resonant reflections weren't available.
Thrawn82 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old May 18th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Since the Blood Wolf Animal Companion is defined by how it differs from the regular Wolf, you can easily modify a Wolf Animal Companion to represent a Blood Wolf:

1) Select a Wolf Animal Companion.
2) Under Modifications > Added Abilities > Permanent Abilities add Darkvision.
3) Under Modifications > Adjustments > Permanent Adjustments > Resources add Hit Points and set it to +2.
4) Under Modifications > Adjustments > Permanent Adjustments > Resources add Skill Increases, set it to +1 Trained, then under Skills set Intimidate to Trained.
5) Under Modifications > Adjustments > Permanent Adjustments >Skills/Proficiencies add Override Proficiency Level and set it to Untrained for Survival.
6) Under Profile > Race Appears As enter Blood Wolf.

Hope that helps!

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2021, 03:27 PM
When you're asking about content, book names and page references really help. Typing in "blood wolf" into Archives of Nethys doesn't bring up anything, so I'm not sure where to look to double-check the original version for this. I haven't had a chance yet to open up 6 pdfs and search through those.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old May 19th, 2021, 10:33 AM
It's in the first book on page 43.

It's just statted up as a creature; I didn't see any specifics about animal companions. Should every animal be available as an animal companion? I honestly haven't explored animal companions much in 2nd edition but was under the impression that they had specific properties when used as animal companions.
mototom is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 19th, 2021, 12:06 PM
Boy, is that hidden - the second paragraph under Freeing the Wolf on the right-hand side mentions the animal companion variation. Ok, we missed that - when we're searching through these books, we're scanning quickly for headers that identify new content - usually things in large, bold text, with underlines. I've added this to our to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old May 19th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Oh geez. I can see how you missed that!
mototom is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 19th, 2021, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I was pretty surprised it was EC1, I thought I caught everything there. Fiery Leopard at least wasn't this under the radar lol.
Daniel V is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jariath

Old May 20th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Yeah, Fiery Leopard was pretty up front, this just had a paragraph without the bold highlights. Players in both EC games I am running are taking the rescued wolf as a companion.
jariath is offline   #10 Reply With Quote