Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

evdjj3j

Old July 2nd, 2019, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
Running it on any "device" is a major reason for the change, but it is a question of being worth having to find internet to use it. I hope that some sort of POR file system is being devised for offline use (to view as a character sheet) or some sort of offline use that has the characters in memory for the browser.

Thus far, it does not seem possible, though it is something on the docket.
HLO will generate a PDF character sheet. Seems like a lot of these gripes are based in ignorance. LW offers a trial version of HLO you all should try it before complaining.

HLO and HLC
32 GB iPad 5th Generation
evdjj3j is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old July 2nd, 2019, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evdjj3j View Post
HLC has ran on iPads for years.
Yes this has already been mentioned. It only runs 5e and Pathfinder though.
Toblakai is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old July 2nd, 2019, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evdjj3j View Post
HLO will generate a PDF character sheet. Seems like a lot of these gripes are based in ignorance. LW offers a trial version of HLO you all should try it before complaining.
It is an improvement over the thirty or so pages that it produced before with the print option. (or about ten pages on, what was it again, Chrone?)

It isn't the character sheet that is in the book or even the character folio. I hope that some leeway into how the character sheet is presented will be possible in the future, like Ancient One's sheet on Classic.
thaX is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
Gromlak

Old July 7th, 2019, 02:40 AM
Total complaining post: "Hero Lab ™ Online is experiencing unplanned downtime."

Just frustrating, just complaining, just a customer....
Gromlak is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 7th, 2019, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromlak View Post
Total complaining post: "Hero Lab ™ Online is experiencing unplanned downtime."

Just frustrating, just complaining, just a customer....
Nothing to do with "some HLO insights though", more just a case of piggy-backing onto an active thread.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
qstor

Old August 15th, 2019, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzi View Post
I feel a need to show that there are some of us that are really looking forward to HLO and what it will (hopefully) become.

Yes, I've dropped $400-$500 into HLC over the years and I've maxed out how many licenses I can get across the different computers that I use for game preparation, games at my house, games at other locations, etc.
And now you'll have to pitch in $24 a year just to use HLO.
qstor is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 15th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qstor View Post
You don't have to pitch in. Use of HLO is entirely optional.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Itzi

Old August 15th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qstor View Post
$24 dollars for the convenience of being able to use it on any web capable device, anywhere there's an internet connection? Damn skippy I will.

With a smile.
Itzi is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old August 15th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Just wish it had the same or better functionality as the program it intends to replace.

Doesn't seem to be there yet, and it is far from close to getting there for the foreseeable future.
thaX is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 15th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Hi all. I see several comments that I’d like to address, and I apologize for not responding to them earlier in this thread. I hope this helps to answer some of your many questions.

1. Hero Lab Online currently supports Starfinder and Pathfinder 2. In the fall it will also support Shadowrun 6.

2. The $25 per year is a nominal subscription fee for server access to HLO. It breaks down to about $2 per month to be able to access your characters on any device, and it doesn’t begin for some time yet.

3. Not only do we have a demo version of HLO, but we also have a 60-day money-back guarantee, should you decide it’s not for you.

4. There are future plans to allow you to migrate your content from HLC to HLO for a less-than-$20, one-time fee.

5. We apologize for the periodic downtime. We do announce those times in advance when we can. We are continuing to update and improve the product daily. That does require the occasional downtime, and acknowledge the inconvenience to you.

6. Many believe the HLO character sheet is an improvement over the HLC character sheet and we are continuing to listen to comments in an attempt to improve it further.
Lj Stephens is offline   #130 Reply With Quote