Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

12hourhalfday

Send a message via AIM to 12hourhalfday

Old August 16th, 2022, 11:24 AM
Is the toxicologist research field for Alchemist field discovery supported? I can't figure out how to get it to work. When prepping poisons after 5th level, I still only see 2 batches per reagent instead of 3 and I don't see any way to split them.

Edit: When I originally posted this I accidentally said after 1st level. That must have been what caused the confusion. I changed it to after 5th level.

Last edited by 12hourhalfday; August 18th, 2022 at 06:39 AM.
12hourhalfday is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2022, 04:08 PM
Here's the reproduction steps that worked for me, and I'd like to confirm that this is what you're seeing:

After adding the toxicologist research field, I added some formulas, but on "Signature Items", I only made a selection in one drop-down, selecting only Arsenic, and nothing else. It turns out that this ability is set up so that if only one choice is made, it will not apply that choice until both drop-downs are filled in. I'm fixing this issue now, so that it'll work once a single choice is made, and the work-around is to make sure to fill in both choices.

If that's not the error you're experiencing, please let us know.

P.S. This applies to the Signature Items ability on all research fields, it's not specific to Toxicologist.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
12hourhalfday

Send a message via AIM to 12hourhalfday

Old August 16th, 2022, 07:56 PM
I'm talking about the 5th level ability - Field Discovery
When using advanced alchemy to make poisons during your daily preparations, you can spend one batch of reagents to create three poisons in any combination, instead of just two of the same poison.

After 5th level, it only makes 2 of each poison. It doesn't let you make 3 or let you split the 3 into 3 different poisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Here's the reproduction steps that worked for me, and I'd like to confirm that this is what you're seeing:

After adding the toxicologist research field, I added some formulas, but on "Signature Items", I only made a selection in one drop-down, selecting only Arsenic, and nothing else. It turns out that this ability is set up so that if only one choice is made, it will not apply that choice until both drop-downs are filled in. I'm fixing this issue now, so that it'll work once a single choice is made, and the work-around is to make sure to fill in both choices.

If that's not the error you're experiencing, please let us know.

P.S. This applies to the Signature Items ability on all research fields, it's not specific to Toxicologist.
12hourhalfday is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 17th, 2022, 08:46 AM
Thank you for reporting this. I've added it to our list.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote