Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

FreakFire74

Old July 27th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Thanks! More questions:

1) I've made a melee/natural attack but the Adult Oblex uses dexterity modifier for the attack (I think). The bonus is now -1 and it's supposed to be +4. Is there any way I can setup a melee attack and use dex bonus?
FreakFire74 is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old July 27th, 2018, 04:30 PM
https://ibb.co/fzX34T
https://ibb.co/j8zSW8
https://ibb.co/ekgKdo

My spells are showing a weird extra 3/day. I tried unchecking/removing things but it stays as it is. Any idea?

BTW: In 'field' I did not manually type 3/day. It's somehow added to the extra text.

Last edited by FreakFire74; July 27th, 2018 at 04:33 PM.
FreakFire74 is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 27th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakFire74 View Post
My spells are showing a weird extra 3/day. I tried unchecking/removing things but it stays as it is. Any idea?
In the field you have entered the following:

Quote:
Field Id: sNameMod Value: (as 5th-level spell)
Change it to

Quote:
Field Id: sNameMod Value: as 5th-level spell
Quote:
In 'field' I did not manually type 3/day. It's somehow added to the extra text.
This is happening because you have the 3/day set in the Total Charges and Usage Period and yes Hero Lab will add this for you.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 27th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Quote:
I've made a melee/natural attack but the Adult Oblex uses dexterity modifier for the attack (I think). The bonus is now -1 and it's supposed to be +4. Is there any way I can setup a melee attack and use dex bonus?
Good pick up.

This one is pretty easy and was mentioned by Dungeon above. You need to apply a Tag to the Natural Attack.

1. Go to the monster in the editor
2. Click Natural Attacks
3. Click the Tags button in the ability you want to use Dex
4. Add this tag

Quote:
Group Id: wProperty | Tag Id: Finesse
5. Click OK and then OK and then Test Now!

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 1st, 2018, 07:16 AM
I have collected all the different tutorial bits so far here: https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_C...-from-RW-forum

I have zero experience with these things and while many things may sound quite logical for you guys, for me it can still be a bit of a riddle at times. Having it all in one place may also make it even easier for other less experienced people to help out.

It is still a work in progress though but I will keep adding stuff to it over the coming weeks. Easier having it all in one easy guide instead of having to look through a couple of forum pages. If you notice anything I should add, let me know.
FreakFire74 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 2nd, 2018, 03:40 AM
How do we handle "variants"?

Reactions
Instinctive Charm. When a creature within 60 feet of the amnizu makes an attack roll against it, and another creature is within the attack's range, the attacker must make a DC 19 Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the attacker must target the creature that is closest to it, not including the amnizu or itself. If multiple creatures are closest, the attacker chooses which one to target. If the saving throw is successful, the attacker is immune to the amnizu's Instinctive Charm for 24 hours.

Variant: Devil Summoning
Some amnizus have an action that allows them to summon other devils.

Summon Devil (1/Day). The amnizu summons 2d4 bearded devils or 1d4 barbed devils. A summoned devil appears in an unoccupied space within 60 feet of the amnizu, acts as an ally of the amnizu, and can't summon other devils. It remains for 1 minute, until the amnizu dies, or until its summoner dismisses it as an action
FreakFire74 is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 2nd, 2018, 03:43 AM
To answer my question: I notice there is a Amnizu (variant) in the monster list. I guess I just use this for the variant ability?
FreakFire74 is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 2nd, 2018, 03:50 AM
Quote:
To answer my question: I notice there is a Amnizu (variant) in the monster list. I guess I just use this for the variant ability?
We handle this two ways that I've seen:

1. You can go to the Var. Racial Trt tab and do a New (Copy) and there should be some examples of Summoner that you can look at. Usually you create the variant and create the Summon Devil special ability and bootstrap it to the Var. Racial Trt.

2. After you get a base amnizu in, make a copy of it and give it the name "Amnizu (variant)" and create/bootstrap the summon devil to it.

I usually use #1 if the CR doesn't change for the variant and #2 if the CR does change because changing the CR in the variant racial trait requires extra scripting.
dungeonguru is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:15 AM
Okay, I've finished the letter A. Slow, but I think I understand most of the stuff now.

One question. My Astral Dreadnought has a "cone" set as weapon. This is an ability. I'm pretty sure I didnt add it as a weapon and I cant find where it's set as one. How do I solve this?
FreakFire74 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
We handle this two ways that I've seen:

1. You can go to the Var. Racial Trt tab and do a New (Copy) and there should be some examples of Summoner that you can look at. Usually you create the variant and create the Summon Devil special ability and bootstrap it to the Var. Racial Trt.

2. After you get a base amnizu in, make a copy of it and give it the name "Amnizu (variant)" and create/bootstrap the summon devil to it.

I usually use #1 if the CR doesn't change for the variant and #2 if the CR does change because changing the CR in the variant racial trait requires extra scripting.
Thank you. I ended up just making a copy so I followed #2.
FreakFire74 is offline   #40 Reply With Quote