Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Brolthemighty

Old January 18th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Through gameplay and other shenanigans, I'm coming across times I need to be able to add special abilities to my players. Whether it's the class/subclass ability from one they don't belong to, or a whole new custom ability. Right now I'm handling by essentially bootstrapping the ability to some custom little bauble of a wondrous item, but I wonder if there's a better way to handle it. Is there?
Brolthemighty is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 21st, 2020, 05:23 AM
That's honestly the easiest way I can come up with. Everything else would be more complicated, like custom class features or adjustments. Putting it on a dummy trinket makes it very easy to add and remove.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old January 21st, 2020, 09:16 AM
Alright. That makes sense. Although I’m a fan of making things all nice and neat and condensed, I can make that work. Right now I’m building the special abilities under...Class Special or somesuch. Is there a better tab that I should be using? I thought about putting it under boons, but was worried that there was something in the background of the program that could make that a pain. Would making them all boons work?
Brolthemighty is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old January 21st, 2020, 09:39 AM
I tend to add such things as Epic boons myself.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote