Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

dpmcalister

Old May 31st, 2017, 12:17 PM
Not finished yet unfortunately. Don't worry about buying it though, I'll be offering it for free if I manage to get it all working. It would be easier if there were a documented list of XSL values for 5e though (unless there is and I've missed it).
dpmcalister is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 31st, 2017, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmcalister View Post
Not finished yet unfortunately. Don't worry about buying it though, I'll be offering it for free if I manage to get it all working. It would be easier if there were a documented list of XSL values for 5e though (unless there is and I've missed it).
Your best bet would be to do the custom output and select the "generic xml". I think that is what it was called as I am not near HL.

That will generate the full XML that you can then parse to see what is available or not.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
dpmcalister

Old May 31st, 2017, 01:11 PM
Thanks. That's helped a lot. I've also tracked down the customoutput.dtd (it's not in the folder that the Help file says it is). Worked out the Saving Throw issue but trying to work out Speed now. The generic xml says:

<movement>
<speed text="30'" value="30"/>
<basespeed text="30'" value="30"/>
</movement>

but I can't work out how to convert that into xsl. I've tried all sorts of variants (like <xsl:value-of select="speed/@text"/>) but no joy so far.

I'm teaching myself XSL/XML for this project though so it's a bit of a learning curve

Thanks again, much appreciated.
dpmcalister is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 31st, 2017, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Thanks. That's helped a lot. I've also tracked down the customoutput.dtd (it's not in the folder that the Help file says it is). Worked out the Saving Throw issue but trying to work out Speed now. The generic xml says:

<movement>
<speed text="30'" value="30"/>
<basespeed text="30'" value="30"/>
</movement>

but I can't work out how to convert that into xsl. I've tried all sorts of variants (like <xsl:value-of select="speed/@text"/>) but no joy so far.

I'm teaching myself XSL/XML for this project though so it's a bit of a learning curve

Thanks again, much appreciated.
Its been awhile sense I have done much with XSL but it could be an xpath issue.

try:
Code:
<xsl:value-of select="movement/speed/@text"/>

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 31st, 2017, 01:35 PM
FYI EightBitz on these forums got really good with XSL after making a Realm Work addon. He does not do much with 5e so most likely does not check this forum. But if you had specific XSL questions he "maybe" willing to help if you PM him.

He did not do much with HL XML so he can't answer HL questions keep in mind.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
dpmcalister

Old May 31st, 2017, 01:48 PM
That worked perfectly. Now that I know you can "triple-stack" the path it should be a lot easier now. Most of it is straight forward, if trial and error. I'm not trying to make anything special, just a Hero Lab version of my DM's Old School style sheet.
dpmcalister is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
dpmcalister

Old June 7th, 2017, 01:19 PM
A week on and I'm making some brilliant progress (even if I do say so myself ). I've attached the current version of my sheet. Everything aside from the character portrait within the shield is XML/HTML code (including the shield itself). It does mean that portrait pictures need to be a certain size (235x280 pixels) but that's a small price to pay I think.

I do have one current issue that I can't resolve though so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. On the third page you'll see that this particular PC has 4x 1st-level and 3x 2nd level spell slots. I'd like to convert that to show boxes instead of the number four but I can't see how to convert the XML. I need to convert the count variable from a number into boxes:

Code:
			<spellslots>
				<spellslot name="1st" count="4" used="0"/>
				<spellslot name="2nd" count="3" used="0"/>
			</spellslots>
Can anyone help please?

Also, once I've completed this, what's the best way of sharing it with the community?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DnD5e.info Character Sheet.pdf (107.3 KB, 106 views)
dpmcalister is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 7th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Also, once I've completed this, what's the best way of sharing it with the community?
Don't have an answer off the top of my head for boxes. But I can answer this.

We have two ways to go. One is to include your file directly into the GitHub community Pack. We can store it in a sub-folder allowing you to make changes and pushing those changes to GitHub. Then when I create a Pack release I can bundle your character sheet and it will be installed for everyone getting the Pack automatically.

We could also go with a totally separate download on the community server. This means its easier to push out fixes just for the character sheet without waiting for the next Pack release. On the downside it means gamers would need to download two things instead of just one.

I sort of like the first option for being easy and everyone getting a "complete" community Pack.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
dpmcalister

Old June 8th, 2017, 03:48 AM
Thanks. I like the first option as well. Hopefully, once I've completed the sheet it won't need any updates but you never know

I've not used GitHub before so I might have to pick your brains on that when the time comes if that's OK? Don't mean to be a pain as you have been very helpful.

BTW, if there is anyone else reading this thread, I'm open to feedback on the sheet as it stands (with the understanding that it isn't complete yet so some items might be on my "to do" list already).

Thanks again.
dpmcalister is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
SisterCoyote

Old July 17th, 2017, 10:14 AM
I don't immediately see anything else that needs updating on the sheet, but that's pretty meaningless. I have peculiar blind spots.
SisterCoyote is offline   #20 Reply With Quote