Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dainbramage

Old May 5th, 2014, 05:45 AM
So I just got Hero Lab a few days ago and am trying to give my character a pistol. HL is telling me that to proficient in it I need to take the 'Martial Weapon Proficiency (Firearms)' but there is no firearms choice in the drop down menu (firearms have been set to common). Once you set set firearms to common it takes the Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Firearms away but does not add the martial verson. Now I could set it back to emerging firearms but then it requires you to take gunsmithing as a feat and the GM does not require that just to use one.

so my question is this...is this a mistake in the set up or am I just missing something, and if it is a mistake how can I add the firearms martial proficiency?
dainbramage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 5th, 2014, 04:08 PM
If firearms availabilty is set to "Commonplace Guns" then firearms cease to be a seperate proficiency, all firearms then function as Martial weapons and any character proficient with all martial weapons (like a fighter) could use them proficiently.

With "Guns Everywhere" they become simple weapons and just about any class can use them.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dainbramage

Old May 5th, 2014, 07:53 PM
I understand that but as the ninja class does not have the same proficiency as a fighter when it comes martial weapons it is making me choose which martial weapon I want to be proficient with, and firearms is not in the list.
dainbramage is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 5th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dainbramage View Post
I understand that but as the ninja class does not have the same proficiency as a fighter when it comes martial weapons it is making me choose which martial weapon I want to be proficient with, and firearms is not in the list.
Are the individual firearms not showing in the list? What is your gun availability setting?

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 6th, 2014, 07:52 AM
If you're taking the martial weapon proficiency (one weapon) feat, and you can't select guns when they should be martial weapons, it is probably a bug. Go ahead and report it and I will take a look at it later this week.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
If you're taking the martial weapon proficiency (one weapon) feat, and you can't select guns when they should be martial weapons, it is probably a bug. Go ahead and report it and I will take a look at it later this week.
Yea I swear you could select "Firearms" at one point and now you can't.

@dainbramage until next update you can go to the "Adjust" tab "Other Adjustments" and put in a "Weapon Proficiency" adjustment to make it so you can use your gun.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dainbramage

Old May 6th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Thank you guys.
dainbramage is offline   #7 Reply With Quote