Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

RumilCalaelen

Old November 13th, 2007, 09:05 PM
The first among equals doesn't seem to be working.
RumilCalaelen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old November 14th, 2007, 08:45 AM
ok had a bit of time the afternoon so have put another update up for downlaod

Errors i still know about but havent fixed are

the special characters
the core/special/rare limits (any ideas with how you do this would be great)
Dragon Mage +1 Casting dice description
Battle standard bearer issue

Think i have fixed the rest of the bugs mentioned if i have missed any (expcept the four mentioned above) let me know.
apollo0681 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
belgarath97

Old November 14th, 2007, 01:18 PM
The Noble, Prince, Mage, and Archmage still have ithilmar barding for thier steeds.

That was the last thing I noticed before I had to run to work, I'll give it a more thourogh look over tonight.

Belgarath97

Come play in my club The League of Extraordinary Gamers.
belgarath97 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old November 14th, 2007, 03:43 PM
For some reason I had to wipe the wh6 directory, reapply the last update and then your updates to the empire and highelf.dat files to get everything working again.

Anyway, here's a few things I noticed:
1) Dragon Mage still isn't starred in the composition column.
2) Dragon Mage has access to all the lores (should be limited to Fire).
3) Misspelled 'bearer' in Cloak of the Beards description
4) Still get Honors and the error 'Exactly 1 Pure of Heart required'
5) As with belgarath97, barding for heroes doesn't seem to be reducing horse speed.
6) High Elf Magic spell #3 isn't named properly, though the description is correct. It's funny to see "Curse of Arrow Attraction" making units stubborn.
naloth is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
belgarath97

Old November 15th, 2007, 06:17 AM
I figured out how to do the army compostion. I have placed the file in the downloads area. I've tested it pretty thuroughly and it works like a champ.
belgarath97 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old November 15th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth
For some reason I had to wipe the wh6 directory, reapply the last update and then your updates to the empire and highelf.dat files to get everything working again.

Anyway, here's a few things I noticed:
1) Dragon Mage still isn't starred in the composition column.
2) Dragon Mage has access to all the lores (should be limited to Fire).
3) Misspelled 'bearer' in Cloak of the Beards description
4) Still get Honors and the error 'Exactly 1 Pure of Heart required'
5) As with belgarath97, barding for heroes doesn't seem to be reducing horse speed.
6) High Elf Magic spell #3 isn't named properly, though the description is correct. It's funny to see "Curse of Arrow Attraction" making units stubborn.
1 starred??? not sure what u mean
2 fixed
3 fixed
4 fixed
5 fixed
6 fixed
apollo0681 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old November 15th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgarath97
I figured out how to do the army compostion. I have placed the file in the downloads area. I've tested it pretty thuroughly and it works like a champ.
does seem to work cheers for the help
apollo0681 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old November 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo0681

Characters that take more than one hero slot have an asterisk (*) beside the H in the composition column. Like the Exalted Daemon.
naloth is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
belgarath97

Old November 15th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Quote:

Characters that take more than one hero slot have an asterisk (*) beside the H in the composition column. Like the Exalted Daemon.
It's a by product of the dragon. The way it is currently setup is the mage takes one slot the dragon the other. In the example of the Exalted Demon the unit is tagged twice in the taggroup window of ABCreator as Comp-Hero.

To get the asterisk, you need to remove the code that makes a dragon take a hero slot from the heDragos unit ID, and add a second tag in the taggroup window of ABCreator for Comp-Hero.

And no problem with the help, I just stumbled on the code in the profCore procedure in the genericstuff file, and figured out the correct tag to create an if then statement using the race as the criteria. I ripped it off the code for the Dwarf dispell dice calculations. Then it was a matter of getting the math right.
belgarath97 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old November 16th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgarath97
Quote:
Quote:

It's a by product of the dragon. The way it is currently setup is the mage takes one slot the dragon the other. In the example of the Exalted Demon the unit is tagged twice in the taggroup window of ABCreator as Comp-Hero.

To get the asterisk, you need to remove the code that makes a dragon take a hero slot from the heDragos unit ID, and add a second tag in the taggroup window of ABCreator for Comp-Hero.

And no problem with the help, I just stumbled on the code in the profCore procedure in the genericstuff file, and figured out the correct tag to create an if then statement using the race as the criteria. I ripped it off the code for the Dwarf dispell dice calculations. Then it was a matter of getting the math right.
ok
1. im still not sure how to fix it to get the asterix.
2. however u said "you need to remove the code that makes a dragon take a hero slot from the heDragos unit ID, and add a second tag in the taggroup window of ABCreator for Comp-Hero"

if i do this it will stop the dragon counting as a hero slot. wont it? it says on page 93 that any dragon takes up a hero slot so whether its a prince or dragon mage or archmage they all take up an extra slot becuase of the dragon nothing to do with the fact its a dragon mage. sorry if im missing your point altogether but im not sure how to fix the problem anyhow
apollo0681 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote