Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

TM119

Old November 7th, 2022, 03:56 PM
Alright here we go. I've been staying with classic for quite a while. I use a mac, and I've noticed that things have been getting buggier over time. undo and HP change crashes being the most notable. It was irritating but workable.

this last update has basically halted my ability to meaningfully work on stuff.

1) Editor does not recognize /HeroLab/data/pathfinder folder as being the correct destination for .user files. Because of this, I can't edit .user profiles, regardless of where they are on my computer, nor can I save changes to these profiles on my current .por files

2) every time I boot hero labs directly from a .por file, HL crashes. It also crashes at least a quarter of the time when I boot the system up first and then manually load the file.

3) .por files immediately become read-only every time I open them. Overwriting the save manually seems to fix this... until the next time, which happens often with frequent crashes.

What the hell is going on here? Why is it that the last update made my projects unworkable?
TM119 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 7th, 2022, 09:44 PM
Hey, sorry for the frustrations here. I'm not really versed in the nature of the issue, but I'll prompt Ryan here since he's more in the know than I am and will hopefully be able to point you in the right direction.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 8th, 2022, 04:58 AM
Hello,

I believe you're talking about an issue that we recently targeted, one of our senior devs tackled the problem and goes over the specifics of what to do on the thread post that I'm linking here. Give this a try, I think it will hel.
(http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...258#post300258)

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TM119

Old November 8th, 2022, 09:41 AM
Thank you much guys. I'll give it a look
TM119 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zipwhaa

Old November 28th, 2022, 08:19 AM
Hi. I upgraded my Hero Lab client to 8.9K and now it can't find my Pathfinder_edit_file.user file. I have a lot of custom work in it that I'd really like to access again. Usually I can bounce that file around from computer to computer (I have multiple licenses for a couple of laptops). For some reason the file is being seen as read-only when I try to view it. Not sure what's going on with it. This is new. I wasn't having this problem prior to the update when I was using it a few weeks ago. Any ideas of where to start looking? Thanks.
zipwhaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote