Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old March 8th, 2020, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
The information from map pins is gone, right? Because it's kind of sad, if you export a topic with a map that has dozens of pins with useful information that just gets lost.
I just checked the source code, and using the "Create HTML file(s)" button already places hotspots onto the smart images. The only problem is that no pin is visibly displayed on the web page (a future enhancement).

If your map image already has identification markers (e.g. room numbers), then maybe you don't "need" pins in order to find the clickable hotspots.

There is one small update I've put in today (not released yet), which will provide the description as a basic tooltip when you hover the hotspot - the formatting in the description won't work without further improvements to the tool.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 8th, 2020, 08:00 AM
V2.3 has been released

To help Merion

The map pins in smart images are now displayed as hollow map pins when generating HTML pages (only via "Create HTML file(s)", not any of the other output options).

The pin's name is also displayed when you hover over a pin, but this is currently restricted to displaying plain text. A future enhancement will allow bigger tooltips with all your HTML/other formatting displayed.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Last edited by Farling; March 8th, 2020 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Clarified that tooltip shows pin's name, not description
Farling is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old March 8th, 2020, 11:54 AM
Wow, this is great!

I expected a simple list with all the text of the descriptions and maybe links. Actual image hotspots are way above expectation! Great job!

The only little complaint I could muster ist that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The description text of a pin is also displayed when you hover over a pin,...
doesn't seem to work for me. I only get the name as mouseover, not the description or GM directions. Tested with internet explorer, firefox and chrome.
All the pins I tested with were unrevealed, if that makes any difference, but I did not check the "revealed only" option during export.
Merion is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 8th, 2020, 01:14 PM
Quote:
I only get the name as mouseover, not the description or GM directions. Tested with internet explorer, firefox and chrome.
All the pins I tested with were unrevealed, if that makes any difference, but I did not check the "revealed only" option during export.
Thanks for that. I double-checked, and yes I'm only displaying the pin's name - not its full description.

Farling

Farling is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old March 8th, 2020, 01:37 PM
So ... would it be possible to display the full description?
Merion is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 9th, 2020, 02:55 AM
Quote:
So ... would it be possible to display the full description?
Yes, I will be looking at it this week.

The basic tooltip was simple to implement, but it only supports basic text. It doesn't support any formatting.

This means I have to find a different way of displaying a more complex tooltip that allows all the formatting that you would expect :-)

Farling

Farling is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 9th, 2020, 04:12 AM
Version 2.4 is available

The tooltip on smart images now contains the pin name, description and GM directions.

Fortunately, RW doesn't allow formatting in these sections either so the tooltip can remain quite simple.

The general format is (using ___ and --- as shown):

Quote:
___ pin name text ___

description text

--- GM DIRECTIONS ---

gm directions text

Farling

Farling is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old March 9th, 2020, 04:31 AM
Works perfectly!

Fantastic work, thank you very much!
Merion is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 9th, 2020, 04:43 AM
LWD should have you as an example of how maintenance and support of product is done.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 9th, 2020, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
LWD should have you as an example of how maintenance and support of product is done.
This tool is trivial compared to my former job writing air traffic control systems :-)

Farling

Farling is offline   #110 Reply With Quote