Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

edgelett

Old May 9th, 2022, 10:30 PM
Hi all,
For our game, we're using only the PHB and 4 'core' splatbooks from 3.5 - Complete Adventurer, Arcane, Divine and Warrior.

I've noticed when adding some spells for either my druid or one of our other players wizard Hero Labs shows a spell at lower level than it is in the splatbooks. For example, Energy Vortex is a lvl 4 spell in the Complete Divine, but comes up as a lvl 3 spell in Hero Lab.

Is that to do with some spell levels changing in the Spell Compendium? I understand it's hard to manage when there are different versions of the same spell, just trying to work out whether it's an error or the spell level changed between books.

Thanks!
edgelett is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old May 9th, 2022, 11:13 PM
The spell compendium revised the level of the energy vortex spell (and also took away the option to use sonic damage to bypass the more common energy resistances).

WotC considered any changes to spells in the spell compendium as replacing the previously printed versions.
ploturo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
edgelett

Old February 23rd, 2023, 02:28 AM
awesome thanks for the explanation - we'll go with the spell levels in Hero Lab then
edgelett is offline   #3 Reply With Quote