Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

tempestblindam

Old October 29th, 2022, 09:58 PM
I'm trying to make a new magic item in editor. (A simple shift of Bracers of Armor into an Amulet of Armor). Unfortunately when I hit the Test button, the following error appears:

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Cannot create core run-time file: C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder\data.hlz

Advice?
tempestblindam is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old October 29th, 2022, 10:38 PM
It sounds like you are using the Hero Lab application on your PC and not the web-based Hero Lab Online, so you might have better luck asking in the "Hero Lab Forums" section (either the Pathfinder forum or maybe the Authoring Forum since this is more of a generic error message).

I'm using a Mac and haven't run into this kind of error myself, but my first suggestion would be to quit Hero Lab and try loading the game data files again, to see if your changes load properly when the whole game system reloads. It's also possible restarting the app will eliminate some runtime errors/corruption that caused the problem in the first place.
ploturo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote