Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
TheMaskedFerret
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 386

Old November 28th, 2018, 06:42 AM
Is there a way to set the calendar for a Realm Works Realm to use the Golarian calendar instead of one of the Earth calendars?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,690

Old November 28th, 2018, 07:04 AM
Not yet.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 386

Old November 28th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Sad.

Feature request? It does not help immersion, and timing my campaign stuff out....
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Asandir
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 335

Old November 28th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedFerret View Post
Sad.

Feature request? It does not help immersion, and timing my campaign stuff out....
The whole calendar thing has been a major feature request for an extended period of time. There are several folks on the boards that are HUGE calendar advocates and will probably pop in at some point when they see anything related to calendars. Right now, we are waiting on 64 bit, which just arrived in Beta today, and the Content Market functionality, before they start rolling out additional features.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 386

Old November 28th, 2018, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the timing info!
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Chemlak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 432

Old November 28th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Calendars? Did someone mention calendars?

Thanks for the concise assessment, Asandir! Very well said.

Believe me, Ferret, some of us feel your pain, but there’s a long history of prioritisation and I think most of us accept that 64-bit and the Content Market (being a huge improvement and monetisable, respectively) take priority over our beloved custom calendars.

Which doesn’t stop us talking about it.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ruhar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oak Harbor, WA, USA
Posts: 615

Old December 1st, 2018, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
SNIP
but thereís a long history of prioritisation
SNIP
You just had to bring up prioritisation with the calendars. Now we are going to have people popping in to discuss what happened to the priority of calendars and how it got on the bottom.

*roll eyes for affect while hiding a smirk*
ruhar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Chemlak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 432

Old December 2nd, 2018, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
You just had to bring up prioritisation with the calendars. Now we are going to have people popping in to discuss what happened to the priority of calendars and how it got on the bottom.

*roll eyes for affect while hiding a smirk*
Hehehehehe.

Just in case anyone reading this isnít aware, there was a big survey about desired features a few years back, and custom calendars fell somewhere in the middle. The conclusion from the data that LWD reached was that theyíre very important to the people that want them, but not at all important to everyone else.

Now, we know the functionality of calendars exists, but the problem is UI and usability, which LWD want to get right because if the average person canít use it, itís probably inappropriate for a software release.

Whether you agree with this stance or not (I personally donít, I think they should be released as is and improved in updates), thatís LWDís decision to make and I support their right to make that decision.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ruhar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oak Harbor, WA, USA
Posts: 615

Old December 2nd, 2018, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Hehehehehe.
Chemlak, if you're going to tell the story of why calendars priority got dropped down you need to tell the WHOLE story.

The survey included players and we all know that in a game there are more players than GMs. As a result, there were more players responding than GMs. Players don't need no stinking calendars so they made that their lowest priority. When the votes were counted calendars got a low priority. Honestly, I think the players were Russian.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Now, we know the functionality of calendars exists, but the problem is UI and usability, which LWD want to get right because if the average person canít use it, itís probably inappropriate for a software release.

Whether you agree with this stance or not (I personally donít, I think they should be released as is and improved in updates), thatís LWDís decision to make and I support their right to make that decision.
From what I heard it was way too clunky to let it out, but they would have worked on it if it weren't for the Russians...I mean players skewing the survey.
ruhar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 707

Old December 4th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Chemlak, if you're going to tell the story of why calendars priority got dropped down you need to tell the WHOLE story.

The survey included players and we all know that in a game there are more players than GMs. As a result, there were more players responding than GMs. Players don't need no stinking calendars so they made that their lowest priority.
EXACTLY THIS... And to add that LWD was under the mistaken perception that the "RW Players Edition" wouldn't be DOA and give them a reason to justify why the players vote should even be considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
When the votes were counted calendars got a low priority. Honestly, I think the players were Russian.
Now that's Funny

Lastly, for any that truely run any type of sandbox campaign, time tracking is essential is the WHY calendars are so important.

The only thing (since LWD woke up and realized the need of 64bit) that I would remotely slide calendars for is character level journals and AND integration with the DM's version of RW.
The only reason I would be supportive of this is I have 8 players that feel they totally wasted their money in purchasing the Players Version.

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.