Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Didootus

Old May 3rd, 2023, 05:14 PM
I've been using HLO for years, and suddenly, just a couple days ago, when I print, the PDF generated doesn't show the character portrait any longer. I have been unable to find a setting to toggle that on/off anywhere.

Any thoughts as to why, or how to get portraits back?
Didootus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ronaldsf

Old May 6th, 2023, 11:08 AM
Came here to post this as well.

I am a longtime user of HeroLab (since 2012) and the loss of this feature is about to make me drop it. Why is there no response?
ronaldsf is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ronaldsf

Old May 6th, 2023, 11:10 AM
I am the Rules Lawyer (with 27K subscribers), and I was planning a video featuring Pathfinder 2e conversions of the D&D movie characters and planned to show off feature Hero Lab PDFs of our conversions. But it might be an occasion to say that I am not using it anymore...
ronaldsf is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 6th, 2023, 04:17 PM
If you haven't already, make sure you submit a Bug Report using the option in the Gear menu in the upper-right corner of an HLO character page.

FWIW: There's an option to include the character picture in HLO PF1 but not in PF2. In my quick testing the main character doesn't have their picture printed but any secondary characters (a familiar in PF1) does. Is there a limit based on the number of Skills being printed?

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 6th, 2023, 08:00 PM
Someone has submitted a bug report, so we are aware and looking into it. Certainly not an intended change, so something went amiss. I'm not sure yet on the timeframe of releasing a fix as it's on the docket for investigation on Monday, but I'm hoping for release this week.

As for why is there no immediate response, sometimes we don't see posts right away, and when someone (usually me) does, I don't always have the relevant info to provide immediately. I try to get you guys what I can when I can as best I can, but sometimes I have to ask a little patience. As Parody said, even if you post here, be sure to submit a bug report if you see something amiss like this. That gets it into Ryan's hands pretty quick, and he logs it so it's on our radar to get to the correct person/people to fix, even if we don't see the post right away.
Daniel V is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 7th, 2023, 08:12 AM
Hey folks,

Yup, Daniel is right, we got a few reports of this and confirmed the new and broken behavior of the profile picture output just as you've all found. It's been passed up the chain and as he noted, it's in the proper hands for correction as swiftly as we can get it done and fixed in a comprehensive manner, since it was very much unexpected we need to tease out the cause with regard to what changes we made that caused it and undo that so an immediate hotfix isn't exactly an apt solution to given that trying to rush it out with a hotfix could create more issues downstream if we don't get straight to the heart of the problem.

Regardless, thank you to everyone who brought this to our attention, you all may already know this but direct feedback is crucial to making sure things are working smoothly so we do very much apprecaite it.

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 9th, 2023, 03:35 PM
Alrighty, sounds like we have a fix in for this now, so it should be working again with our next update.
Daniel V is offline   #7 Reply With Quote