Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Azhrei

Old July 25th, 2023, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Could the increase be capped by your character level?
Shouldn't be. The +1 is due to the Varisian Tattoo trait (from the RotRL Annie Ed AP) which doesn't restrict the CL to char level, so I chose the generic "+1 CL" from the Community Pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
Does the script on your adjustment begin with a line turning the script off if the adjustment is not selected? Something along the lines of

Code:
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)
I'll take a look and report back, but it's not my script — it's the one from the Community Pack. In any case, it is set to "1" so I don't think that IF statement would be true.
Azhrei is offline   #1801 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 25th, 2023, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Shouldn't be. The +1 is due to the Varisian Tattoo trait (from the RotRL Annie Ed AP) which doesn't restrict the CL to char level, so I chose the generic "+1 CL" from the Community Pack.
Varisian Tattoo only increases the CL for a specific school of spells. If you're trying to do an overall CL increase, you wouldn't want to use this.

Quote:
I'll take a look and report back, but it's not my script — it's the one from the Community Pack. In any case, it is set to "1" so I don't think that IF statement would be true.
I'm confused. You specifically stated "I need some help understanding why my "Adjust Caster Level -> Evoker" isn't changing...". Are you using your own script or the Caster Level adjustment from core or some other adjustment? Note: the adjustment "Caster Level" with thingid "pCasterLev" is core.

pCasterLev uses the doneif statement above. The reason this is important is that if the adjustment is off then the script doesn't run. Without it, you would see no difference between the adjustment being on or off.

PS. I just tested the core Caster Level adjustment, and it is working. Not to state the obvious, but you do have to select the class and increase the incrementer.

Last edited by Sendric; July 25th, 2023 at 10:30 AM.
Sendric is offline   #1802 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old July 26th, 2023, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Varisian Tattoo only increases the CL for a specific school of spells. If you're trying to do an overall CL increase, you wouldn't want to use this.
Oh, good catch! You're right. In my case, it should only increase the CL for evocation.

So now I have a different issue to fix. But the problem remains that when I selected "+1 Evoker" the CL adjustment was not made to any spells. (Or if it was, it did not appear on any of the status screens I could find. I usually just hover over the spell button and look at the CL, Concentration Check, Save DC, SR bonus, and so forth.)

Quote:
I'm confused. You specifically stated "I need some help understanding why my "Adjust Caster Level -> Evoker" isn't changing...". Are you using your own script or the Caster Level adjustment from core or some other adjustment?
You're right again. My bad. I should've said the and not my. I'm not using any of my own custom scripting, just Core and the Community Pack.

Quote:
Note: the adjustment "Caster Level" with thingid "pCasterLev" is core.
Oh, good to know. I didn't see the typical purple-colored text that the iPad usually shows me, so I wasn't sure. For some reason, I thought it was part of the Community Pack — if it's not, then I apologize for posting in this thread at all! 😞

Quote:
pCasterLev uses the doneif statement above. The reason this is important is that if the adjustment is off then the script doesn't run. Without it, you would see no difference between the adjustment being on or off.

PS. I just tested the core Caster Level adjustment, and it is working. Not to state the obvious, but you do have to select the class and increase the incrementer.
Yes, I've got those two.

I've clearly got some research to do on my own. I'm sorry for taking up your time (and anyone else's) with something that I should've done more thorough research on. (Now where's that <shame> emoji...)
Azhrei is offline   #1803 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 27th, 2023, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Yes, I've got those two.

I've clearly got some research to do on my own. I'm sorry for taking up your time (and anyone else's) with something that I should've done more thorough research on. (Now where's that <shame> emoji...)
No problem at all. Always happy to help solve issues. It's possible there's a bug with the Mac version, which I don't use. That said, if you can't figure it out, please provide more information for reproducing it or supply the portfolio with the error. Maybe I or someone else can catch something you missed.
Sendric is offline   #1804 Reply With Quote
The Numerator

Old July 31st, 2023, 06:35 PM
Hey, I'm about to launch Carrion Crown, and was trying to see what Community Content was already made. I checked the link to the d20pfsrd site in the first thread, and found Carrion Crown on the list there.

However, when I try to download it (or any files on that site), nothing happens. I can see a couple quick things in the bottom left, but last thing will say "waiting for google leads" or something like that, and then nothing. No download starts, no popup block, etc.

Is the link to those zip files dead or in need of updating? Is there a setting on my computer that needs to change? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
The Numerator is offline   #1805 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 1st, 2023, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Numerator View Post
Hey, I'm about to launch Carrion Crown, and was trying to see what Community Content was already made. I checked the link to the d20pfsrd site in the first thread, and found Carrion Crown on the list there.

However, when I try to download it (or any files on that site), nothing happens. I can see a couple quick things in the bottom left, but last thing will say "waiting for google leads" or something like that, and then nothing. No download starts, no popup block, etc.

Is the link to those zip files dead or in need of updating? Is there a setting on my computer that needs to change? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
I don't know about that link specifically, but the first post on this thread tells you how to get the community pack. Try that and let us know if it works or not.
Sendric is offline   #1806 Reply With Quote
The Numerator

Old August 1st, 2023, 09:04 AM
I have the community packs, and those work fine. I'm looking for the NPC gallery and other community work on building out the specific creatures for the APs (and save some time on prep).

On the first post there is a link to Module or AP Encounter files, which links to a d20pfsrd repository. It's on that site that I can't seem to get the links to download anything.
The Numerator is offline   #1807 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 1st, 2023, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Numerator View Post
I have the community packs, and those work fine. I'm looking for the NPC gallery and other community work on building out the specific creatures for the APs (and save some time on prep).

On the first post there is a link to Module or AP Encounter files, which links to a d20pfsrd repository. It's on that site that I can't seem to get the links to download anything.
Sorry. I misunderstood. You can try sending a message directly to ShadowChemosh or maybe someone else has it downloaded and can share.
Sendric is offline   #1808 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old August 1st, 2023, 09:02 PM
If you mean the file named "AP43 Carrion Crown NPCs.zip", I just tried downloading it from the d20pfsrd site and it worked fine, so it's probably something on your end. Maybe try a different browser?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #1809 Reply With Quote
The Numerator

Old August 11th, 2023, 08:37 AM
That worked.

If anyone else is having problem, I was using Chrome. This time I used Edge, and a pop-up came up that said the download was not able to be done securely. I had to over-ride the security precautions (about 3 times), until finally it downloaded.
The Numerator is offline   #1810 Reply With Quote