Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2024, 04:25 PM
I want to be able to help people with their projects, but I have encountered a lot of cases where someone asks a very narrow question, but then during the process of solving that, I keep finding out more and more about what they're trying to accomplish - and the approach they're working on, and encountering a bug on, is not a good approach.

So when you're trying to implement something big, something bigger than a single feat (although there are some feats out there that are so weird they've needed days of work, because they set up some thing that's never been done before), as part of your post, please include a little context - give a wider window on what you're trying to accomplish, not just the narrow part you're having trouble with, and once that's done, then proceed with the issue you're having trouble with.

I'm absolutely happy to help with the initial design of projects - tell us about the game rules or home rule you want to implement, and me and everyone else who reads your post can help you figure out the best approach to use, so that you don't spend hours down a rabbit hole and then have to discard most of that later on.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote