Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ScooterPA

Old December 28th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Hi all. Is there a way to delete unwanted campaigns yet? For some reason I have 3 campaigns all with the same name only one of which I use. I would like to clean up the UI. No big deal but it would be nice. I did a search and couldn't find any earlier request/mention. Thanks!

P.S. I love the product btw. I'm having a conference call tonight with some friends to show them what it's like. As a few people have said already, it is more than I would have hoped and I don't regret the $80+ I spent in the Kickstarter.
ScooterPA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old December 28th, 2013, 05:10 PM
I don't think you can delete a campaign yet; I rename the campaigns to something like zGoingtoDeleteThisCampaign so it just shows at the bottom of the list until deleting is implemented.
enrious is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ScooterPA

Old December 28th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Ahh that's a pretty good idea. Thanks!
ScooterPA is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old March 27th, 2014, 01:46 AM
So, 1.0 is out and we still can't delete?
karpomatic is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DeckOfManyThings

Old March 27th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Still no delete.

Think of the cloud database as a giant house of cards, with every campaign ever created as a new card in the house.

Now there is probably a quick and dirty "delete" function that could be run, and that would be the equivalent of yanking a card out of the house.

I would bet that LWD wants a more robust solution that first shores up where the card is getting yanked from so the entire thing doesn't come crashing down.

So we have to live with old realms in our lists for the time being until such a time that deleting realms becomes a high enough customer service issue that they need to tackle it the right way. Then we will get our "delete realm, no take-backs" button.
DeckOfManyThings is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2014, 10:19 AM
What @DeckOfManyThings said. Basically, deleting a realm has a few complicated edge cases, especially when it comes to coordinating syncing of all the details across multiple computers. We could either (a) delay release further to get that sorted out or (b) ship without it and have it be our #1 priority (other than bug fixes) after release. We opted for (b) and realm deletion IS the #1 thing we'll be getting sorted out for the next release.

Since the workaround suggested by @enrious is quite simple in the interim, we figured it was a worthwhile tradeoff to get the product into the hands of everyone who's been clamoring for it for so darn long. Proper and complete deletion will be available shortly.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old March 27th, 2014, 11:43 AM
okay, i get it. When the Beta was released to Kickstarter backers, I had a glitch where when I tried to create realm it just sat there and did nothing. I hit the button a few times and nothing. I closed the program and reopened it and there were 6 Realm1 files on my list. I've never had the glitch since.
karpomatic is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Jerith

Old March 27th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Yeah. I created one of my realms last night accidentally including tutorial content when I didn't mean to and clicked cancel partway through. Then unchecked it and created it again. I ended up with two.
Jerith is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 27th, 2014, 12:28 PM
You can always delete their content, rename them and repurpose them.
EightBitz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old March 27th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
You can always delete their content, rename them and repurpose them.
Eventually yes but I'm not working on 6 or more campaigns at the same time. 2 is enough right now. I'm waiting for the tutorials for Scifi and superhero campaigns.
karpomatic is offline   #10 Reply With Quote