Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

wolffman007

Old August 2nd, 2022, 11:10 PM
wanting to copy them to make some changes
I searched thru all the dat and user files that remotely couple be possible
i have the books purchased
I have a feeling im overlooking something simple.
thanks
wolffman007 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 3rd, 2022, 02:31 AM
Core races are in the 'PF Core Rulebook'. Skinwalkers came out in 'Blood of the Moon' (PF Player Companion) - this is in the package "Player Companion Bundle #2 PF1" (Originally in Player Companion #13)

You can't open these data files. You can use the editor and "New (Copy)" to load the things you want to look at, but you'll have to save a new unique version and copy-paste across to your version.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; August 4th, 2022 at 02:32 AM.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wolffman007

Old August 3rd, 2022, 03:58 PM
thanks for the reply
but still having problems
this is for 1st ed (forgot to mention that)
i see there is a "core rulebook.stock" file
couldnt find any of the others you said for skinwalkers
trying the new copy doesnt give access to any races thou

anymore help?
thanks
wolffman007 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old August 3rd, 2022, 07:31 PM
You need to use the editor built in to Herolab to access anything in the core datafiles for the game system, or in any add-on datafiles that require an additional purchase from Lone Wolf to use. Those files are protected, to try to make it more difficult for people to share the paid content with other people who haven't paid for it.

The editor can be found in the Tools menu, using Show Editor. Follow the directions to create or open a new data file.

There will be two rows of tabs at the top of the editor window.

The first row of tabs are just categories, and you want to select "Race" there.

The second row of tabs list the different kinds of things that have an "editthing" for their compset, and you'll also want to select "Race" there.

Then, if you hit "New (Copy)" at the bottom, it will give you a list of all things derived from that compset that are currently loaded into Herolab. As long as you have purchased the Blood of the Moon book, you should be able to find the Skinwalker in the list. All the core races will be available to copy there as well.
ploturo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
wolffman007

Old August 5th, 2022, 08:52 AM
thanks for clarifying about the races tabs ploturo, i missed that
im adding Half-orc to Skinwalker, still coping everything over, going good so far, still verifying all the tags and bootstraps are there from the half orc
the only thing that im having a problem with currently is alt racial traits and ethnicities arent picking up the half-orc side, so its not showing any yet
it appears ive got all the subtype stuff and race special abilities boxs checked
wolffman007 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote