Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2022, 07:07 AM
At this point in time, we haven’t completely finished ironing out all the little details with regard to how the Vault book access works yet but we’ll be releasing any of the access and possible purchase/pricing information in the weeks ahead.

Thanks!

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old August 14th, 2022, 10:36 AM
I hadn't even considered this. I hope there is no additional cost for the Vault. To remove things like the skill descriptions and put them in a different feature that costs extra—that would be bad.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all settles out. As it stands, I'm using HLO less and less for running games and pretty much solely for character creation and as a player. There's just way too much I have to look up elsewhere to justify the effort needed to create encounters in Campaign Theater.
mototom is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old August 18th, 2022, 07:32 PM
Did this change also affect feats? I may be misremembering but I thought HLO used to tell us the access requirements for feats.

Like Devoted Guardian—didn't the text once say that Knights of Lastwall have access? Now it just says the option needs GM permission.

(And if it was never there, please consider this a request to add it. There are a ton of uncommon things that players can get access to through other character choices. Just stating that it requires GM permission isn't just unhelpful, it's wrong.)
mototom is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2022, 04:18 AM
There's never been messaging in the same way that pre-reqs do. Some feats have an Access line in their description (Hellknight Dedication for instance) where others do not, usually because they're under an umbrella described in the header of their section in the book. This is the case with Devoted Guardian, as LO KoL lists that members of the KoL have access to these new feats, but none of the individual feats have an Access line. I'll log it to see if we can improve messaging for that, regardless of if the description actually includes that line or not.
Daniel V is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 1st, 2023, 11:00 AM
So now that the Vault is out, I'm resurrecting my thread to say again how disappointed I am in this decision. I cannot believe that HLO removed the skill rules from the skills themselves just to make us look them up in another area that we now have to pay extra for.

As far as I can tell, despite buying every single rule package that's been offered for HLO, none of these provide any access to the actual rules now resident in the Vault. Am I missing something? Or do I really need to buy the APG, and then the APG in the Vault?
mototom is offline   #15 Reply With Quote