Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:48 PM
Okay i've tried to work the "Arcane Decay" Script onto a test item that applies two penalties to the Constitution score. Black Lotus Extract (poison)

However if I assign two Helper ShowSpec and ShowCharges fields to the gear then I get a duplicate Helper error. I presume that its an all or nothing penalty!!

If I remove the Helper for one of the charges then the item works fine, the Charge list shows on the in play tab but when I add a charge then the Constitution attribute is reduced by 2 and not 1 as I expected.

Heres the code i've got at the moment. Screenshots attached

HTML Code:
Black lotus extract

Contact DC 20

Initial Damage 3d6 Con

Secondary Damage 3d6 Con

Perils Of Using Poison

A character has a 5% chance of exposing himself to a poison whenever he applies it to a weapon or otherwise readies it for use. Additionally, a character who rolls a natural 1 on an attack roll with a poisoned weapon must make a DC 15 Reflex save or accidentally poison himself with the weapon. A creature with a poison attack is immune to its own poison and the poison of others of its kind.
Code:
~Primary CON penalty
hero.child[aCON].field[Penalty].value -= field[hUsed].value
~Secondary CON penalty
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/RDBRAD%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Field Values.JPG (34.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Edit Tags.JPG (49.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Eval Scripts.JPG (37.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Gear Screen.JPG (107.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Error Message.JPG (67.3 KB, 4 views)
bodrin is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
I've managed to get the "Twice as much than needed" penalty when a charge has been used error to go away.

New modified code

Code:
~Primary CON penalty
hero.child[aCON].field[Penalty].value -= field[hUsed].value/2
~Secondary CON penalty
One charge used one point of constitution subtracted!

I still can't get two charges to apply to the Same attribute though.

However i'm still getting this error when the qustion mark near the Primary and the secondary damage tick boxes is used

Quote:
Attempt to access field 'CustDesc' that does not exist for thing 'gBlkPoison'
Location: 'mouse info' script for Template 'hPick' (in Portal 'hInfo') near line 8
- - -
Attempt to access field 'CustDesc' that does not exist for thing 'gBlkPoison'
Location: 'mouse info' script for Template 'hPick' (in Portal 'hInfo') near line 8
Any ideas?
bodrin is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Code:

if (field[hIsOn1].value <> 0) then
  endif
if (field[hIsOn2].value <> 0) then
  endif
There's no way to have separate selectors for these, so the primary and secondary damage will be the same, which doesn't match the way the item works.

Also, is the person who owns the poison item going to be the one who's going to suffer the damage from it? Or do you have to pay 4500gp and then suffer these effects? (just joking - you'd buy it for free).

I'd recommend just making poison items normal pieces of gear, with no activation, and leave it up to the victim to use adjustments to apply the effects.

Either that, or add a separate adjustment for the effects, rather than putting the effects on the gear - but there, you have the same problem that there's only one incrementer available. I still recommend using the normal adjustments to apply the effects of poison.

Last edited by Mathias; November 3rd, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:16 PM
There appears to be a bug with giving general gear (but not armor, weapons, or magic items) an activation - a setting was missed in the definition of gear. I've fixed that for the next update. That's the source of the runtime error you're encountering in the mouseover.
Mathias is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Also, is the person who owns the poison item going to be the one who's going to suffer the damage from it? Or do you have to pay 4500gp and then suffer these effects? (just joking - you'd buy it for free).
Assassins in the module i'm running use the Poisons quite a lot and having the Players with them already equipped in the inventory would make it easier to apply the effects of the Primary and Secondary Damage, using the Charges indicator is brilliant!

As its a penalty they would stack, however if a poison has a Dex and a Str penalty that differ say 3d6 to Dex and 1d4 to str then the Duplicate ShowSpec Helper error doesn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'd recommend just making poison items normal pieces of gear, with no activation, and leave it up to the victim to use adjustments to apply the effects.
I actually wanted to use the Poison on a character without having to add two types of adjustments manually. one mouse click on one screen instead of add 2 temporary modifier with 2 mouse clicks
bodrin is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:57 PM
On the subject of poisons as gear, would it be possible to set up different poisoned conditions on the condition tab instead, similar to the new Spell conditions that change combat modifiers in the Pathfinder data part of hero lab?

Maybe these could provide a method of generating a random penalty to the attribute scores instead?
bodrin is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:12 PM
If your characters are getting the same poisons often, they can leave the appropriate adjustments on their character sheet - fill in the poison name as the source, fill in the appropriate duration, and then just uncheck it while you're not affected.

Just use the normal adjustments for poisons, not the conditions - that way, the conditions tab doesn't become too cluttered to find anything, which is what will happen if you add a dozen poisons, 3 dozen spells, etc. Conditions also can't have incrementers, so they're not usfeul for anything variable, like poisons.
Mathias is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old November 4th, 2010, 05:43 AM
They aren't getting the same poisons often, I decided to try and program them into HL so they would be available to purchase as gear. Then it occured to me that I could have the poisons affect the characters as well, kind of a situational modifier case.
Oh well maybe I'll try and get the poisons to add temporary modifier fields automatically when ticked instead of manually.
bodrin is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old November 11th, 2010, 12:02 AM
I've got an odd error, using this script for charges makes the ability scores have .5 adjustments, how can I round the score to a whole number.
It looks cool having 16.5 con but it's useless in game terms!

Code:
~Primary CON penalty
~Secondary CON penalty

Thanks in advance!
bodrin is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM
-= round(field[hUsed].value/2,0,-1)

Rather than dividing and rounding, wouldn't it be easier to have the incrementer represent the penalty to be applied to each, instead of the total penalty? That seems easier for a user to understand - "I've rolled a 4 for both the initial and secondary damage rolls", rather than "My initial and secondary damage rolls total to 8".
Mathias is offline   #20 Reply With Quote