Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Akodometuki

Old December 12th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Just real quick is anyone working on moving the Clan War Data File from V2 to V3.1?

Thanks
Akodometuki is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 14th, 2005, 05:48 PM
I haven't heard of anyone working on this conversion. Due to some of the ways in which the V2.x Clan War files were written, they can NOT be automatically converted for use within AB3. That means that someone will need to rewrite the Clan War files for V3.1, which is quite doable, albeit a fair amount of work. Since Clan War has been out of production for 3-4 years now, it's not something that we're in a position to do ourselves, so someone will need to step up to write new data files for Clan War in V3.1. Everything needed to write the data files is readily available within the Authoring Kit, so you might consider giving it a go yourself. :-)

-Rob

At 06:59 PM 12/12/2005, you wrote:

Quote:
Just real quick is anyone working on moving the Clan War Data File from V2 to V3.1?

Thanks
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Akodometuki

Old December 19th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks, Not really a programmer though. Any idea of which Datafile might be a good one to review in 3.1 to get started?
Akodometuki is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 29th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I can't think of a particular game system that would be "best" in this regard. The WFB data files are a pretty good representation of most behaviors you'd need to utilize, so that might be the best place to start. But Clan War has some requirements that are unique to that game, so I don't know if there are examples of everything already in use somewhere. The latest docs provide a lot of "how to" suggestions and tips, so you ought to find just about everything you'll need outlined there. And you're welcome to ask questions here. Lots of authors participate here and will often be happy to offer suggestions.

-Rob

At 11:47 AM 12/19/2005, you wrote:

Quote:
Thanks, Not really a programmer though. Any idea of which Datafile might be a good one to review in 3.1 to get started?
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
fu_lange

Old June 13th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Sorry for necro-ing, but I just found this thread. Is there any way you could link some resources to becoming an author of data files? a place to download the authoring kit ect?
fu_lange is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 15th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fu_lange View Post
Sorry for necro-ing, but I just found this thread. Is there any way you could link some resources to becoming an author of data files? a place to download the authoring kit ect?
AB Creator is a part of Army Builder already. Have you seen our "Intro to Army Builder Data File Authoring" video? That may be a good place to start.
liz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote