Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ElterAgo

Old August 8th, 2021, 10:23 AM
Anyone know if there has been any discussion of purchasing electronic copies of all the PF1 materials at a discount now that it has been out of publication for a while?

Since it is out of publication, I'm not going to buy any more of it for list price. However, if it were at a deep discount, I might consider it just to have all of it.
ElterAgo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old August 8th, 2021, 10:32 AM
Interesting idea. It might be a way for LW to get a few last dollars out of customers as they wind down HLC...
Azhrei is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old August 10th, 2021, 09:27 PM
The Core Rulebook and others are still be published in Mini book form for PF1, and there are still avid players for the system. The online potion of HeroLab is connected to what you get for HLC and vice versa.
thaX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old August 12th, 2021, 07:34 AM
In addition, LWD needs to pay Paizo a licensing fee for each product sold. Unless Paizo discounts this fee, there is a limit on how low LWD can go and still make money.
Toblakai is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old August 27th, 2021, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Interesting idea. It might be a way for LW to get a few last dollars out of customers as they wind down HLC...
I hope they're not going to "wind it down". I can understand they may want to end development.

But for those of who actually paid for it (ie. all of us), Classic gives an alternative to the money sink that is a monthly fee (which I loath). Way too many companies trying to dip their hands into our pockets each month now.

The other thing is....my understanding is that with Hero Lab Online, we can't code our own stuff into it, like from 3rd party supplements that never got official modules in Hero Lab. I've got a lot of content I've created from Kobold Press and Legendary Games that is not currently supported. I'd hate to have it all stop working, because I got forced into a newer suite of software that doesn't support it.
Aril is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old September 3rd, 2021, 09:23 AM
I can't seem to locate the ability in the store to purchase additional content for PF1 Classic material. I am on classic, I have not switched to Online and have not switched to a Hybrid either. Still plugging away at just classic. What am I missing that I can't locate additional items to purchase for PF?

Thanks.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old September 3rd, 2021, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asandir View Post
I can't seem to locate the ability in the store to purchase additional content for PF1 Classic material. I am on classic, I have not switched to Online and have not switched to a Hybrid either. Still plugging away at just classic. What am I missing that I can't locate additional items to purchase for PF?

Thanks.
It's there....but it's tricky to get to. Something with their filters doesn't work well. You almost have to go up to a "root" view of their products, then look for Hero Lab Classic, then modules for it.
Aril is offline   #7 Reply With Quote