Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Zug

Old February 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM
Not sure if I did something wrong...

Built a cleric, deity's favored weapons is 'scimitar'...buying a scimitar gives me the 'not proficient' warning and circle/slash. Same with favored weapon=longsword.
Zug is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Please give me more detail so I can diagnose this error. Which deity did you select? (If you entered your own name, did you select scimitar on an ability you'll find on the class abilities button on the cleric tab).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zizazat

Old February 1st, 2011, 03:39 PM
This sounds like the same problem I noticed with my Cleric of Iomedae. To verify I created a new 1st level cleric, set the alignment, choose the deity then tried to buy a longsword with showing 'only valid' wasn't there. Switched to everything and it says I need martial proficiency. Work around for now is to go and explicitly add it to the character.
zizazat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zug

Old February 1st, 2011, 04:18 PM
I chose a cleric of Sarenrae (whose favored weapon in scimitar).

The Cleric Special Abilities button/panel shows 'Deitiy's Favored Weapon: Scimitar'...but when purchasing/wielding a scimitar, it treats it as non-proficient.
Zug is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:52 PM
I'm having the same problem, at least with Iomadae. I created the 1st level cleric and after selecting the god and longsword, it shows that he is not proficient.
blzbob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the reports.

(You can use the Weapon Proficiency adjustment on the adjust tab as a workaround in the meantime).
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ali@slump.com

Old February 5th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the reports.

(You can use the Weapon Proficiency adjustment on the adjust tab as a workaround in the meantime).
Ahhhh, Cogburn, Cleric of Ra, Picks Up both his heavy and his light Khopeshes and prepares for battle.
ali@slump.com is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Tordek

Old February 5th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Tried to make a Cleric of Gorum. On Cleric special abilities, it does lists Greatsword under weapon proficiency, but when I try to add it, it tells me that I do not have that proficiency. I'll use your suggested work around in the meantime.
Tordek is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
overfiend_87

Old February 6th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I'm also getting this same problem where as earlier it was working with Inquisitor of Zon-Kuthon having proficiency now the cleric is somehow non-proficient with her deity's favoured weapon.

I did the same, level 1 cleric, chose race, chose abilities and finally went to weapon and it was faded out meaning he wasn't proficient and I tried it out with a different deity but the weapon from that deity was wrong too.

The work around I did was going to choose other religion/philosiphy, wrote in Zon-Kuthon and then went into special abilities and chose the spiked chain as the favoured weapon which appeared to work.
overfiend_87 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
JeffSandmeier

Old August 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Same thing has happened to me, but only on my secondary license. Getting the 6.0 update did not fix the problem. Will this be addressed again soon?
JeffSandmeier is offline   #10 Reply With Quote