Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zizazat

Old April 24th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I just installed the mac version and realized that the PDF output in Windows is an add on, not part of the main Hero Labs package.

Sorry if this has been asked to death already and I just can't find it, but is there/will there be a way to save out PDF characters from the mac version of HL?

Thanks!
zizazat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Yes, there is a way to do this. Turns out the Mac is slightly different than Windows for this reason: Macs have built-in support to save to PDF.

If you print normally, somewhere on the "print" dialog provided by the OS, there'll be an option to save the file to a PDF. For example, on Lion, the latest version of the OS, it's labeled "PDF" with a drop down menu that lets you preview or save the file as a PDF.
John is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM
We've had a couple of people ask this; I'm trying to figure out a way we can signal this to users without just putting a "fake" save to PDF menu item on the File menu for them to click, and then saying "Actually you do this just by printing" as John says.

zizazat (and anyone else who had this question), is there anything we could do that would have helped you discover that PDF saving was done through the OS?
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zizazat

Old April 26th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
zizazat (and anyone else who had this question), is there anything we could do that would have helped you discover that PDF saving was done through the OS?
Hmmmm. Well, being a MAC dummy...and being used to running it under windows...What would have helped me is a File menu option that just said 'Save to PDF' and it did a pop up explaining to me that I really need to fake print it as a PDF.

Strangely now that I know what I'm looking for I found it in the manual It would also be helpful if I could have gotten there by typing 'PDF' into the Help->Search bubble.

And thanks for the answers guys!
zizazat is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
I'll see if I can make it more prominent if you search for "PDF" - right now when I do it takes me to the Hero Output page, but I might be able to add a separate page to make it more discoverable. Thanks!
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote