Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old April 20th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Hey guys, Colen and I just discussed your dilemma and came up with an idea that might solve this for you. What if we had Hero Lab automatically delete all empty ".user" files once an import was completed? That way, you could consolidate files as appropriate and include empty ".user" files within the import file you constructed. However, everything would be cleaned up for the user so that extraneous files were left cluttering up the place.

If this will work for you, we'll do our best to get it implemented in the upcoming V3.7 release, which is targeted for release next month.
I'd like this to be implemented, excellent idea! Two thumbs up.
bodrin is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 21st, 2011, 03:37 AM
Quote:
If this will work for you, we'll do our best to get it implemented in the upcoming V3.7 release, which is targeted for release next month.
In the words of one of my more (less?) eloquent friends, that would be awesomesauce!
Sendric is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Hey guys, Colen and I just discussed your dilemma and came up with an idea that might solve this for you. What if we had Hero Lab automatically delete all empty ".user" files once an import was completed? That way, you could consolidate files as appropriate and include empty ".user" files within the import file you constructed. However, everything would be cleaned up for the user so that extraneous files were left cluttering up the place.

Nice!! Totally would help out. Sure would be a great way to keep the end-gamers machines clean of empty and confusing .user files.

Though to make sure I am on the same page I will still need to keep a list/copy of these empty .user files to include in the actual final import file correct? As I would need to take into account some one upgrading from release 1.1 to say directly to 1.7.

Along those lines I had talked to Colen before about adding a new button on the Create Import window that would be "Select All .user" files. It currently has select All and select None. Just that their are allot of .user files I have to manually select and its really easy to miss one. So have to carefully triple check. And I would still need to carefully maintain putting the empty .user files back into the data set when I compile it.

P.S. - If I send you guys Beer and Pizza would that speed up development or slow it down.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 22nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
That would be nice, the deleting empty files thing.
Lawful_g is offline   #14 Reply With Quote