Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

aowaad

Old January 15th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Hello

Has anyone seen the Monk's Robe not apply AC or Unarmed Damage correctly or have I missed something?

I've attached a copy of my character, he's a level 12 Monk of the Empty hand with a Monk's Robe. Oddly, even with the Monk's Robe activiated his Unarmed Damage is that of a level 12 Monk, it should have increased to 2D8 (that of a level 17 Monk)

I've created another 3 Monks, all level 12 and all with the Monk's Robe but none have the unarmed damage apply correctly.

I'm totally confused because very occassionally the Unarmed Damage applies correctly until the character's saved and the program reopened.

Any help will be greatly apprecieted.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quart Magnus.zip (15.5 KB, 3 views)
aowaad is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zizazat

Old February 21st, 2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aowaad View Post
Has anyone seen the Monk's Robe not apply AC or Unarmed Damage correctly or have I missed something?
*bump*

I just came across this very thing trying to check out a PFS character for an 8th level monk, and even when worn the robe seems to have no effect. The unarmed damage is 1d10 and when wearing the robe it should increase to 2d6 and the monk armor bonus should go from +2 to +3.

EDIT: This is on a vanilla 8th level monk, no archetypes or anything.
zizazat is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 21st, 2011, 06:51 PM
Just created a blank 8th level monk and put on a Monks Robe. The unarmed damage went from 1d10 to 2d6 and AC went from 12 to 13. Seems to be working.

You did equip the robe right?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
You did equip the robe right?
I just spent some time troubleshooting this.
It doesn't have anything to do with my FoB or other community code, as I duplicated the game system and could reproduce it with a 12th level but not 8th level character.

So there seems to be some levels (at least 1) that the code isn't properly updating.

What I don't understand is how xIndex gets updated in cMnkUnarm. I see cExtLevel updated by +5, but I can't find the code that turns that into xIndex which is what is used to calculate the damage dice.
risner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 22nd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
I just spent some time troubleshooting this.
It doesn't have anything to do with my FoB or other community code, as I duplicated the game system and could reproduce it with a 12th level but not 8th level character.

So there seems to be some levels (at least 1) that the code isn't properly updating.
Hmm didn't try 12 but I also check that the FoB add-on was not causing an issue and it was all fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
What I don't understand is how xIndex gets updated in cMnkUnarm. I see cExtLevel updated by +5, but I can't find the code that turns that into xIndex which is what is used to calculate the damage dice.
Could be behind the scenes where it is getting added to it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
risner, please explain what you're seeing. The xIndex isn't used to calculate the dice added to the weapon. Only the xAllLev is used to affect the dice assigned to unarmed strike.

I've just added 12 levels of monk to a blank character - unarmed damage 2d6. Adding and equipping a monk's robe to this character raises the unarmed damage to 2d8.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Where are we finding Monks Robes? I looked under Armor, Gear and even Weapons and I am not seeing it any where? I do have all the current add-ons and yet I am not seeing the Monks Robes. I DO see the Monks outfit though??
Nikmal is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
"Robe, Monk's" among the wondrous items.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
risner, please explain what you're seeing. The xIndex isn't used to calculate the dice added to the weapon. Only the xAllLev is used to affect the dice assigned to unarmed strike.

I've just added 12 levels of monk to a blank character - unarmed damage 2d6. Adding and equipping a monk's robe to this character raises the unarmed damage to 2d8.
I duplicated the game system, removed all my local .user files, recompiled the game system, switched to it, created a 12th level Monk, and equipped the Robe, Monk to have damage remain at 2d6 instead of 2d8.

I then removed 4 levels to go to level 8 monk and the damage was 2d6 equipped and 1d10 not equipped.

I couldn't find the code that took too changes to xExtLevels on the cMnkUnarm special and used that to set the name, since the name was assigned based on the value of xIndex.
risner is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zizazat

Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Strangely after saving out the character and loading it again the damage is correct and changes when I wear/remove the robe between 1d10 and 2d6 for a level 8 monk. But as far as I can tell the AC bonus isn't kicking in (+2 should got to +3), but that's a little messy because the character has a ton of magic gear, but with everything the base AC should be 28 and I can only get it to 27, and the AC doesn't go down to 26 when I remove it (unlike the weapon damage decrease).
zizazat is offline   #10 Reply With Quote