Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Jedi_3385

Old December 5th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Sorry if this has been covered before but I am getting uneven performance from the Tactical console. I can import heroes and monsters for encounters yet the button for applying damage doesn't always open that window fully or allow me to apply damage.

When it does open I can make condition changes but not HP changes from damage or healing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Jedi_3385 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 7th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Could you give me more specifics about the problem you're having? A series of steps I can use to replicate the problem, perhaps?

Also, what's the height of your monitor? I'll try setting my resolution to that and testing it to see if there's something wrong with the positioning logic.

Along those lines - do you see a titlebar across the top of your health form? Is it possible the form's top is above the top of the monitor? (I know I've had problems like that while re-arranging things on the health form, but I thought I got them ironed out).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tordek

Old January 15th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I am having the same problem on both my laptop and my desktop as described above. When I try to enter the damage to a monster, the popup screen is all mashed. Here is a link to a screen shot to show you what I mean.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...oleproblem.jpg

The first time I tried to enter damage the screen popped up correctly. However, the second time, the screen came up as shown in the picture link.
Tordek is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zizazat

Old January 15th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
I am having the same problem on both my laptop and my desktop as described above. When I try to enter the damage to a monster, the popup screen is all mashed. Here is a link to a screen shot to show you what I mean.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...oleproblem.jpg

The first time I tried to enter damage the screen popped up correctly. However, the second time, the screen came up as shown in the picture link.
For what it's worth I've had similar issues with the TC when flipping between windowed/full screen on the Windows VM I run HeroLabs on.

Generally something like if the VM is running not full screened but HL is full screen inside the VM, if I flip around and come back to the VM I've had those kind of issues. Usually fullscreening the VM fixes it in my case. I assume this is because of various window sizing and screen resolutions flying around all over the place in my case.
zizazat is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Tordek

Old January 15th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the help. That is exactly the problem. If I have the Hero Lab main screen minimized, I get the funky condition box shown above. If I reopen the window it comes back. I can have it either full screen or partial and it works fine. Thanks, Now I can get back to actually trying out the tool. I considering using it for my next game.
Tordek is offline   #5 Reply With Quote