Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Madmaxneo

Old June 6th, 2021, 02:07 PM
Duplicate post, sorry

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).

Last edited by Madmaxneo; June 6th, 2021 at 05:12 PM.
Madmaxneo is offline   #571 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old June 7th, 2021, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Lol - I'm happy the tool is still working :-)
Apparently it is working for everyone.
I am unable to import any of the files created by your CSV import tool. I can convert the CSV file for import but when I try the import process it only gets up to about 85% and then RW crashes. I tried a simple import with just a few things in a few columns and RW still crashes at the same time.

Could it be I have some setting wrong or maybe there are certain files needed for import like .net files?

I am on RW version 256
I am on the latest version of Windows 10 and have the latest update installed.
I am running everything off of an AMD 3900x with 64 gb of RAM and my C drive is a NVME drive. My GPU is currently a GTX 1070.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Madmaxneo is offline   #572 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 7th, 2021, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
Apparently it is working for everyone.
I am unable to import any of the files created by your CSV import tool. I can convert the CSV file for import but when I try the import process it only gets up to about 85% and then RW crashes. I tried a simple import with just a few things in a few columns and RW still crashes at the same time.

Could it be I have some setting wrong or maybe there are certain files needed for import like .net files?

I am on RW version 256
I am on the latest version of Windows 10 and have the latest update installed.
I am running everything off of an AMD 3900x with 64 gb of RAM and my C drive is a NVME drive. My GPU is currently a GTX 1070.
Best thing is to send me the files via PM (or facebook msg) you are using for me to run them through the system. There must be something being generated which RW doesn't like.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #573 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old June 7th, 2021, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Best thing is to send me the files via PM (or facebook msg) you are using for me to run them through the system. There must be something being generated which RW doesn't like.
I Pm'd you (through Facebook) both the CSV file and the structure file.

Madmaxneo is offline   #574 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 7th, 2021, 01:59 PM
FYI (for other people), the structure file indicates that the default categories have been modified. But when Realm Works tries the import, it reports "Cannot modify protected category", suggesting that there is a new protection added to try and avoid corrupting existing realms.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #575 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 27th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Release 2.17 is now available

CSV files are now read as UTF-8 instead of ASCII. This should ensure that long-dashes and other unicode characters appear properly in the generated data.

Farling

Farling is offline   #576 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 19th, 2021, 04:12 AM
Release 2.18 is available

Images can now be embedded in XLSX files.
The data preview window will show only a blank cell for any cells containing images.
The generated RWexport file will have the image stored in PNG format.

Farling

Farling is offline   #577 Reply With Quote