Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Deadmannumberone

Old September 17th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Linked Affect: When used with attack powers the linked affect is not listed in the list of attacks that the combat skills can affect on the Skill page, and the effects are listed separately in the Specials page and tab.

Array: All powers in an array are always on, with no way of selecting one to have active at a time.

Edit:
Ranged Area Damage: If you only have partial damage in the area effect (Ranged Damage 15, Burst Area 10 for example) treats the single target damage as area damage when determining if PL limits were exceeded.

Custom Descriptors don't work properly.

Last edited by Deadmannumberone; September 17th, 2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Addition.
Deadmannumberone is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Deadmannumberone

Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Another bug to add:

You can add the Reduced Range flaw to Powers with a personal range.
Deadmannumberone is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Deadmannumberone

Old September 29th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Increasing a construct's size with the growth power reduces their toughness trait by 2 for each increase in their size category.
Deadmannumberone is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 30th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmannumberone View Post
Increasing a construct's size with the growth power reduces their toughness trait by 2 for each increase in their size category.
I think I see the problem here. The Growth eval script applies a penalty to Stamina to keep characters from benefiting twice from Growth. Since constructs don't have Sta, this bit of error trapping works against them.

Edit: Also, the Growth power's script refers to a character's size category. Size categories don't exist in DCA anymore. Things like the speed bonus, etc. come purely from Growth.

Last edited by FifthWanderer; September 30th, 2010 at 07:18 AM.
FifthWanderer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Deadmannumberone

Old September 30th, 2010, 08:58 AM
No, size is still present with vehicles, HQs and the growth/shrinking power, it's just that there is no mechanic tied to size.
Deadmannumberone is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Deadmannumberone

Old October 5th, 2010, 05:38 AM
The Improved Disarm advantage is listed as ranked in HL when it shouldn't be.
Deadmannumberone is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Deadmannumberone

Old October 7th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Advantages granted by powers are always active, even when the power would otherwise be unavailable (i.e. a sword device that grants the Improved Critical (Swords) advantage will grant the Improved Critical (Swords) advantage even if the device isn't being used/is lost).
Deadmannumberone is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 29th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Array: All powers in an array are always on, with no way of selecting one to have active at a time.
Any powers that turn on, like Burrowing and Concealment, can only be selected one at a time (if you try selecting two at once you get a validation error). For other powers (Instants like Damage, for example), we assume that you know to turn off other active powers, use Damage, then turn the other power back on again.

Quote:
Ranged Area Damage: If you only have partial damage in the area effect (Ranged Damage 15, Burst Area 10 for example) treats the single target damage as area damage when determining if PL limits were exceeded.
Eek, this one is nasty. I'm putting it on the list for a future update.

Quote:
Advantages granted by powers are always active, even when the power would otherwise be unavailable (i.e. a sword device that grants the Improved Critical (Swords) advantage will grant the Improved Critical (Swords) advantage even if the device isn't being used/is lost).
Hmm... do you have a reference for this? Wouldn't this let you take a Device of nothing but advantages, for a reduced cost, and no problem if you lost them?

Thanks for the reports!
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Deadmannumberone

Old December 29th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Any powers that turn on, like Burrowing and Concealment, can only be selected one at a time (if you try selecting two at once you get a validation error). For other powers (Instants like Damage, for example), we assume that you know to turn off other active powers, use Damage, then turn the other power back on again.
Unfortunately, not everyone is as intelligent as we are, so it may be prudent to look into a way of making it more clear which powers are active/inactive for them to help the new players and GMs out there.

Quote:
Eek, this one is nasty. I'm putting it on the list for a future update.
I figured it would be a hard one to fix.

Quote:
Hmm... do you have a reference for this? Wouldn't this let you take a Device of nothing but advantages, for a reduced cost, and no problem if you lost them?
Correction, after testing it further I found that this is an error with an array inside of a device. When the device is disabled, the powers in the array remain active while the rest of the devices powers go away. My example is a character with a power suit with an array of weapons, with two giving advantages, and when the suit is removed the array of weapons remains active.

All the glitches/bugs I listed here originally show up in this portfolio (the area damage bug has been removed):
Attached Files
File Type: zip Example - Device.zip (39.5 KB, 1 views)
Deadmannumberone is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 29th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately, not everyone is as intelligent as we are, so it may be prudent to look into a way of making it more clear which powers are active/inactive for them to help the new players and GMs out there.
That's a fair point. However, it's a fairly simple rule concept, and it's demonstrated in other places within Hero Lab, so it's not something that should be too hard to pick up.

Also, you have to look at the flip-side of making the change; do you really want to have to click your instant powers on and off all the time, just to make it slightly more obvious to newbies what to do?

Quote:
Correction, after testing it further I found that this is an error with an array inside of a device. When the device is disabled, the powers in the array remain active while the rest of the devices powers go away. My example is a character with a power suit with an array of weapons, with two giving advantages, and when the suit is removed the array of weapons remains active.
Thanks for the attachment. I'll take a look at this and see if I can fix it; if not, it'll go on the list for the next release.

Thanks!
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote